• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen lock not functioning on Galaxy s2

surferjoe

Lurker
Oct 19, 2011
my screen lock is not working. Here is the situation. I just bought the samsung galaxy s2 a week ago. Suddenly yesterday when I would long press the power button, rather than giving me the option to enter flight mode, silent mode or power down, it simply powered down. Then when I powered back up, it bypassed the screen lock which had been set up with a pin. I tried resetting my pin, and reset to pattern screen lock to see if that would change anything, and still the same result. I took the battery out, put it back in and restarted, same result. I then backed up all of my settings to my backup pro, did a hard reset to factory defaults, and got the same result. Now here is the strange part. I went into a t-mobile store today to show them the problem. they gave me a new handset. the handset worked fine and screen lock and shutdown options were fully functional. then i restored my settings from my back up pro, and the same problem began recurring! please help. thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones