Screen lock & SMS alerts for contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Rocky_DTMC

Rocky_DTMC New Member This Topic's Starter

I've done several searches but I still can't find an answer to a couple of questions.

I love my Droid, but there a couple of things that are really annoying me. First, every time the screen goes out the device locks itself. Is there any way, or app, that will make the screen go out but won't lock the device? I tried a widget called "ScreenModeWidget", but it still locks the device when the screen goes out.

2nd, one of the things that I really miss about my BlackBerry was the ability to set seperate tones for different contacts when they SMS you. I know you can set seperate ringtones on the Droid for different contacts, but that only appears to work for calls. Are there any apps available that will allow you to set different tones for incoming SMS's from different contacts?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

ScreenModeWidget will prevent the Droid from locking. I am using it. You must not be using it correctly.

Try the MissedCall app for setting different SMS tones.

3. Rocky_DTMC

There are only 3 settings for ScreenModeWidget. I don't want my screen to stay on all of the time and the other 2 settings keep locking the screen. Not sure how I could be using it incorrectly.

I'll check out the MissedCall app. Thanks

4. the4head

the4head New Member

Handcent SMS also allows for custom alerts including different color LED flashes.

5. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

Not sure either, but with ScreenModeWidget you tap on the widget until it says 'Awake Stay'. Now when your screen goes dark, it will not be locked. Pressing power, volume or camera buttons will wake the screen back up. If it's not working like that for you, then perhaps there is another app that is conflicting with it. You do actually have the widget installed on your screen, right?

6. Rocky_DTMC

That's exactly how I have it set, and yes I have the widget installed on my screen. When the screen goes dark, the only button that will get it back is the power button and I still have to unlock it every time. I have no idea how to go about finding if there is anything conflicting with it.

7. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

Only thing I'd suggest is un-installing, then re-installing. Sometimes even doing a power cycle will clean up issues. Never heard of this problem before. Has always worked as advertised for me.

8. Rocky_DTMC

Thank you. Power cycling fixed it. The only thing is that is still screws up from time to time and the only way to fix it is to power cycle. Think I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling soon.