• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen Locked by Go Launcher...

Hi everyone, I have installed the worst app ever: Go Launcher Prime on my Samsung Galaxy S5 everything was fine until for no good reason, I was suddenly blocked from doing anything. I can't move any app, I can't modify anything... It keeps saying that it's locked. I sure didn't lock anything myself and even though I got a lot to do today (well, too late now...), I have wasted most of my day trying to figure out how to unlock the damn thing???
If I click on the Edit icon, it says:
"Edit Locked. Unlock in "Menu-Preferences-Unlock Edit"
Can anyone PLEASE help me out or tell me where on earth is "Menu-Preferences-Unlock Edit".
Again, I've been on it for at least 6 hours, I haven't found it. I feel like throwing the stupid phone out the window and learn smoke messages from now on...
I wish I had one of the morons who "designed" that thing right here in front of me :mad: and click on his face until it unlocks :mad:... I'm not sure it'd help but I'd feel much better :eek:
Anyway, STAY AWAY FROM GO LAUNCHER unless you enjoy wasting your time. :(
Even a full can of spinach did't help...

Last edited:
Look for the Hamburger bar (3 dots in the lower right corner and tap on that, then tap on Go settings.
I can't find those 3 dots anywhere or anything useful to get out of there. Believe me, I've looked and tried every possible option. I'm stuck!? Has this ever happened to anyone and is there anyway out short of reinstalling or throwing away the device?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know what to tell you frawal. Here's a picture of what your Go Launcher Prime home screen should look like from the Play Store. The 3 dots are in the lower right corner next to the Recent apps button

I know there are so called free GO Launcher apk files out in the wild but the problem with them is you never knows what the poster has removed or added. If you didn't get it from the Play Store just dump it.

Upvote 0
I'm 90% sure every launcher has their own "blah blah settings" app added to your list of apps, that's where you'd find the whole preferences thing for go launcher. If anything just uninstall it. Also those three dots at the bottom bright aren't a go launcher feature that's the menu key on that particular device's nav bar, something a Samsung isn't going to have.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones