• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen Mirroring?

MJL2

Lurker
May 14, 2015
Hi,
Can anyone advise of how to mirror streamed content from my Ace2 phone onto my Samsung smart tv? I've tried their allcast software but it doesn't work too well. Have been looking into MHL->HDMI cables but am led to believe these won't work on this model. Confused...

Cheers

screen mirroring only works for afew smartphones which has wireless display option in display menu. other wise you can only use HDMI and use as projector. press windows+p
Wrong. Don't give device advice for devices you know nothing about. :mad:

First, this model doesn't do MHL or any other hardware solution.

Second, screen mirroring with Miracast (the first Android screen casting protocol) doesn't necessarily require a settings switch for it, you may be able to do with an app provided that you're upgraded to Jellybean.

Check out "EZCast"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.actionsmicro.ezcast

Chromecast screen casting requires KitKat.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: MJL2
Upvote 0
Thanks EarlyMon for the reply, appreciate the advice. The phone is running Jellybean so I'll give that app a try, I've tried several other similar apps but couldn't get any to work. I had considered Chromecast also but didn't realise it needed Kitkat so thanks for pointing that out. I may just upgrade the phone to one that has a dedicated TV out so that I can watch streamed content - I've seen the Galaxy 3 LTE GT-I9305 quite reasonably priced.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321528745251?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Cheers for helping :cool:

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones