screen not cracked after drop

Last Updated:

1. herojames

herojames Active Member This Topic's Starter

hey guys

thought i would reverse the current trend of reporting cracked screens. after reading the posts im wondering if there is a batch a sub standard LCD's that are cracking. There have been about 80,000 nexus ones sold worldwide im wondering of there is perhaps a small batch affected.

has anyone out there dropped there nexus and it has been ok? could you post if your has worked fine even with normal everyday use?

james

Advertisement
  2. Who Cares?

Who Cares? Well-Known Member

I dropped mine about five onto concrete and as it bounced I then proceeded yo kick it another five feet. Very minor scratch from drop and a little knick on the bezel of the camera. Still works Luke a champ

3. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

Oh so you haven't dropped yours, you're just wondering... Bummer.

By the way dropping it isn't an "everyday" use type of situation, more like a "bad luck" type of situation.

4. afonja

afonja Well-Known Member

Ok guys, if we will have 100 of you who would like me to drop my(very hard) N1 and record it for you - I will do it!

P.S. but I need donation of $6 from everyone of you )))

5. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

I want video in HD and you set up terms of the drop... then ill put the money a mods PayPal: D

6. afonja

afonja Well-Known Member

No problems at all... all you need to do now is to find another 99 "wanters"

7. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

wuss; )

8. WayneS

WayneS Active Member

I dropped mine while getting out of the recliner. More like launched it. The phone landed screen down and slid about 15ft across the hardwood floor. The only damage was a couple small scratches.

9. n00bface

n00bface New Member

Mine has a bad habit of slipping out of my pocket whenever I'm at the Gym, and it's had several 3'+ drops. A notable drop happened on an incline sit-up bench - it slid out of my pocket, and I reacted by dropping a 32lb dumbbell on top of it while trying to catch it. It's still in perfect condition. Outside of the gym I've been really careful with it though. I don't keep it in my pants pocket, and make sure it's always on the soft side of my desk ;)

10. Stolz25

Stolz25 Well-Known Member

32 pound dumbbell huh? I've been in a lot of gyms and used a lot of dumbbells and never seen them in 2 pound increments.

11. n00bface

n00bface New Member

I tried to do an in-my-head conversion. It was 15kg, which I guess is closer to 33lbs.

12. herojames

herojames Active Member This Topic's Starter

Actually guys this thread was meant to be semi serious, as a lot of people are posting negative comments about the screen breaking and it kinda worried me reading them. 400 pounds is a lot to spend on a phone although I do love my new toy

13. idiotekniQues

idiotekniQues Well-Known Member

after a month i dropped this phone today while in the innocase about 1.5 ft. onto a hard tile floor.

all is quite well.

14. afonja

afonja Well-Known Member

Does your heart covered with blood after you dropped it and before realised that it is fine?!