Screen not Timing out in Holster

Last Updated:

1. KDMerrill

KDMerrill Member This Topic's Starter

I have found a strange behavior with my Moto Droid....if I slip it into the holster while the screen is still lit up, it does NOT time out and stays on in the holster...thus running down my battery. Screen timeout (set at 1 minute) works fine out of the holster. Holster is all leather, with no magnets embedded.

Anyone know if this is a "feature", and if there is a way to correct it (aside from the obvious---rememebr to turn off screen before putting in holster).

Thanks in Advance,
    Kevin

Advertisement
  2. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

You are absolutely certain, 100% that there are no magnets in that bad boy? Have you tried a lower screen time out, a reboot, kill open tasks? Are you rooted with a special rom that could be possibly causing it?

3. KDMerrill

Well....I cannot feel any magnets anywhere...but I guess I could poke around with a paper-clip to see if I can feel any mag fields pulling on it. Not rooted either...stock 2.0.1 (?) OS.

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Better double check that....

5. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing there has to be magnets in there somewhere, it's probably thinkin it's docked because of them and staying on in that mode. If thats not the case, hopefully someone with a little better advice will chime in for ya.

6. radioz

radioz Active Member

If your holster has a flap that does NOT have velcro to hold it closed, then I garuntee that you have a magnet!

7. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

One other thing to check is your running apps. I recently downloaded an app called Mystique, Chapter 1. If I do not use the back button to fully exit the game (as compared to the home button), it will continue running in the background and will keep the screen turned on.

Check to make sure that you are not leaving apps like that running in the background. One thing I read somewhere around here that I feel was good advice is: always use your back button to exit an app and not the home button.

Kratos

8. johnny_w

johnny_w Well-Known Member

Are you using Screebl by any chance?

9. carrot

carrot Well-Known Member

How can you exit the browser with the back button.. you can't.. it back tracks everything.

10. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

If you hit the back button enough, it will close the app. However, the browser will not keep your screen on.

Kratos

11. KDMerrill

Thanks for all of the help everyone...sure enough, there was a VERY VERY thin magnet sewn into the holster and I never knew it was there! It has now been properly expunged...:D

12. DDG

DDG Well-Known Member

FYI