Screen Not Timing Out - ResolvedGeneral

Last Updated:

1. phorts

phorts Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The last couple of days i could get my screen to time out. It would just stay on, even though i set it to timeout after 1 min.

I figured it had to have been an app i installed recently so i uninstalled and reinstalled the GMail Unread Count app and it works great now.

This may not be YOUR reason, but uninstalling and reinstalling any recently installed Apps is a good way to troubleshoot this particular issue. This is NOT the same as your phone not "Sleeping" (Uptime = Wake Time) as my phone would "sleep", i just had to do it manually by hitting the Power Button on the phone.

One way to check to see what services are constantly running (one of which is probably the problem) is to check to see what running services you have.

Menu > Settings > Applications > Running Services

Ones that are likely to be "stuck" and thus causing your issue are ones that match your "Awake Time" (Menu > Settings > About Phone > Battery)

The Sync Services, HTC, Touch Input, Calendar, etc are all good. You want to look for stuff that pertains to apps you installed

For me the only services in there that arent Android based were Gmail Unread Count and BatteryLife. So i started there.

Of course, Google services could also cause this issue, but start with the 3rd party ones and work from there.

Hope this helps someone :D

Also, set Screen Time Out to 15 seconds while troubleshooting. Waiting a minute is unneccessary. Once you get it working, set back to whatever you had before.

Advertisement
  2. BBock727

BBock727 Well-Known Member

removed