Screen occassionally slides to the right

Last Updated:

1. greenfrog

greenfrog New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I've had my Hero for a couple of months now. During this time I've noticed that on occasions the screen will slide to the right without me touching the screen.

For example sometimes when I unlock the phone the homepage will slide to the far right, or when viewing a web page it slides to the right.

Sometimes this is quite subtle and not too much of a problem. Other times the phone is unusuable as a result and requires a restart.

Initially I thought this was due to me putting the phone in my pocket without a case. However the problem occurs even after my phone has been sat on my desk all day.

There is nothing unusual about my environment, the temperature is average, no direct sunlight or moisture.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks,
    Lee

Advertisement
  2. Duncs

Duncs Well-Known Member

I had this happen once, it was quite weird to watch the phone shoot across to the far right screen then move it back and watch it fly across again.

This did only happen once though and it managed to just stop by itself after about 2 mins of me headscratching.

Sorry I cant help any more but its not happened again so I just put it down to being a temporary glitch, maybe something to do with an app still using the phone in the background.

Anyone else had this ??

3. spenspuma

spenspuma Well-Known Member

IT DOES that on mine but just in this forum! Nothing you can do about it, I've flagged it up before...and was told it was sorted but it isn't

Something to Di with the whole left hand side of the screen being totally blank with a header saying android favourites

4. murrayalex

murrayalex Active Member

Yep, this happens to me as well, normally once a day and after I have set the phone down flat on a surface. Odd.

5. Ramshackle

Ramshackle Well-Known Member

It sounds like a software fault but just to ask a stupid question... is the screen dirty? With capacitive screens sometimes a bit of grease from your fingers may confuse it.

6. murrayalex

murrayalex Active Member

Interesting thought...now that I think about it my Hero does have a screen protector on it.

7. PaulC

PaulC Active Member

Same problem here too. One of my heros has a screen protector, one doesn't - both do it (although I think the one with the protector does it slightly more).

Seems to be more of a down and to the right scroll for me... for example if it's on a webpage with lots of links it'll scroll through them diagonally from top left to bottom right... very strange.

8. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

Has any one thought about the surface the phone is laid down on ?????

The is an accelerometer and a compass in the phone. Maybe the phone sitting on a metal surface might cause something to go haywire with the system.

Just an idea.

9. PaulC

PaulC Active Member

Flat on a wooden desk, upright in the charging cradle, in my hand in the office, at home or on the tube... doesn't seem to matter.

10. Fake Name

Fake Name Well-Known Member

I think its the trackballs problem....since you can use them both to switch between the screens.

I think that cuz, did any of you had a broken joystick? The type that glitched and always pushing it self up causing our character move upwards.