Screen odditiesSupport

Last Updated:

1. slider5634

slider5634 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hopefully someone else has seen this and it's just a known quirk of the phone, but I thought I should run it by everyone...

Since day one of owning this phone (last December) I've noticed an oddity with touch screen performance. When I plug my phone into a wall outlet for charging the touchscreen does some odd things.

The first oddity is with link/button pressing. For instance... If I'm making a call to someone and press the dial button, sometimes it'll hit the dial button for someone else displayed further down the screen.

The other issue is specifically with scrolling in apps. If I have an app w/ a scrolling page open and I scroll down, I've noticed that the screen gets jittery. I'll scroll part way down, hold my finger in place and the displayed page will jitter up and down.

I do frequently use the phone while charging and just finally today made the connection between charging and the touchscreen. This only seems to happen when I plug directly into a wall outlet. If it's plugged into my UPS at home, I have no issue; that is filtered and balanced power though.

I did wonder if maybe my Moto charger was going bad, but I was able to rule that out by duplicating the issue with another Moto charger that I had on hand.

I'm just more or less wondering if anyone else has had this issue. It's more annoying than anything and I may be able to live with it if it's just a quirk of the phone. However, if I'm alone in this, I'd like to know so I can go make a claim with VZW and see about getting it repaired/replaced; wouldn't want to let this go if it's going to cause other issues down the road.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Advertisement
  2. phonealot

phonealot Member

You are not alone.
    I have been experiencing the same issues.
    I spoke to VZW tech support about this. They said it was my charger as my charger was not a Moto brand, it was LG.
    I switched to another Moto brand charger. Same thing. I've tried two other Moto chargers. Same result.
    As soon as it is unplugged problems clear up.

3. slider5634

slider5634 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That is exactly what I've been experiencing. I took the phone in last night and the tech tried to give me the charger run around. Fortunately, being a PC support tech myself, I knew this may happen and came prepared. I handed her three chargers -- two Moto and an LG -- told her the conditions needed to recreate the problem. She disappeared for 15 minutes with my phone and all three, came back and said "we're just going to order you a new phone". Hopefully this refurb will be in good working order. If not, I'll just send it back and live with my gimped Droid.