Screen off after Bluetooth call

1. Mjskers

Mjskers Member

I've been using bluetooth lately to connect to my car and talk while driving. When I'm finished talking, and the other person hangs up, I can't turn my screen back on. Bluetooth must still be connected because my car radio won't come back on, almost like the phone call is still going on. Only way to get my screen back on is to take the battery out. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Mjskers

Mjskers Member

bump?!?!
  3. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member

tapping the power button to turn the screen on doesn't work?
  4. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

Hmmm... this is weird. Did you try sliding the keyboard open? That usually wakes up the screen. IDK why it wouldn't come back on.
  5. sxn3n

sxn3n Member

I have the opposite problem, after talking on BT and hanging up, the screen stays on until I actually power off with power button!
  6. foxkat

foxkat Member

I have a slightly different problem. When using the phone with a bluetooth headset, the screen won't shut off eating the battery up during the call. If I click the power button, the screen shuts off momentarily, but wakes back up within a couple seconds. The only way to get the screen to remain off is to place the phone face down (simulating being against the face), and the photodetector turns off the screen to "prevent accidental button presses".
  7. Pranilm

Pranilm New Member

I've been having this same problem. It only happens once in a while. Definately a bug. Also my other gripe is that when voice dialing through the headset the screen turns on when call timer begins. This is a pain since my phone is mostly in my pocket an the thin fabric separating my phone and my thigh are not enough to insulate it from ending or muting a call. Will continue look for answers on the question of this thread will post if I find anything.
  8. LZeitgeist

LZeitgeist Well-Known Member

1. Turn your phone around in your pocket.

2. Buy a belt holster.

3. Buy a leather slipcover for your phone.