screen on/off button..anyone else think the location is awkward?

Last Updated:

1. spenspuma

spenspuma Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I upgraded from a Hero to the Desire and one of the things I loved about the Hero was the 'kill screen' button located conveniently in the bottom right hand corner.

It meant you could quickly kill the screen if for example you were at work fiddling with phone then ya boss came over , u could casually click that button and screen would die. On the desire its at the top edge and is more awkward to switch it....even more so if you have a silicon case on as the case covers this button.

I also find it awkward when getting the phone out of standby....it just seams an odd place for HTC to have moved it....why did they move it?

Anyone else find it awkward?

Advertisement
  2. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

Seems to be in the right place for me being a righty and usually holding the phone in my left hand when prodding, it makes it easy to unlock the phone one handed with my index finger while still keeping a good grip on the phone.

I think if the power button were at the bottom then I would struggle to do this with probably my little finger and would consequently have a poorer grip on the phone.

3. Bonce34

Bonce34 Active Member

Sounds like the problem is more to do with your silicon case than anything else. I have to say like the location of the power button.

4. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

Oddly, it works well for me too being a lefty and holding the phone in my right hand :D

I find it quite easy to press with my index finger esp when I pull the phone quarter inch out the case to check the time. Would get annoying if I had to take it all the way out every time.

5. spenspuma

spenspuma Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nah....on the Hero the screen on/off button is where the search button is on the desire, surely u don't use your little finger for that??

The position just felt right on the Hero...AND the button wasn't covered with the silicon case

6. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

Not had a hero so was just guessing where you were talking about. As mentioned above having the button at the top makes it easier if you use a pouch or keep the phone in a shirt pocket if you just want to quickly check the time or something. Probably just due to the fact that pretty much every other phone I have owned with a lock\power switch it has been at the top. Anyways to each his own :D

7. Killyouridols

Killyouridols Well-Known Member

I used to think the power button was in an odd place, again, I havent had a recent mobile with the power button there.

When rooted I opted for a ROM with a 'Trackpad Wake' as it seemed a good idea and Guess what. I STILL use the Power button regardless :p

KYI