Screen On while chargingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Hypo Luxa

Hypo Luxa Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way force the screen to stay on when charging but timeout to 1 minute when not charging?

Advertisement
  2. LED

LED Well-Known Member

Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > Stay Awake

Hypo Luxa likes this.
  3. Hypo Luxa

Hypo Luxa Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

awesome.. Thanks!

4. LED

LED Well-Known Member

Goofy place for the setting isn't it... should be under sounds & display. I don't why they think its a development setting.

5. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I can sort of see how its a development option. If your debugging something, you don't want the phone to fall asleep. But your average user would not know to look there, since it doesn't appear to be a development setting.

6. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

Because when it's plugged into your computer and you're doing some development/debugging, you'd want your phone to stay on since you'd likely be doing something on the computer for more than a minute. Then you don't have to keep waking the phone every time you go back to it. That's my guess, at least ;)

7. LED

LED Well-Known Member

I prefer to have my screen stay on while plugged in since I often use it at work that way. If I want the screen off, I'll just hit the sleep key. I guess I see the option being more general than a "dev" setting. Surely it is useful to development, but I would think it is more of a mainstream feature... maybe I'm in the minority.

8. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

I agree, I was just trying to come up with some sort of justification for it's strange placement in the settings, haha...

9. SlvrScoobie

SlvrScoobie Well-Known Member

OMG - I turned that on and couldnt remember what app I used to do that! Spent 3 days looking at all the settings trying to figure it out! THANKS! I like to have it on, but not overnight... now I know where to change it!

10. andy_48

andy_48 Member

I'd like my phone (HTC Legend on 2.1) to stay at full brightness whilst it's charging (with "Stay Awake" checked) but after a minute or two it always dims to about half power. Is it possible to set it to stay on full brightness permanently?