Screen panning leftSupport

Last Updated:

1. lucasbuck

lucasbuck Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my Incredible for a couple months, and this just started happening a couple days ago. First, my home screens shifted to the left (as if I was doing it with my finger). I would leave the screen on, lay it down on a table top, a few seconds later, shifted to the far left again. I pulled up some things with text input boxes, and again it kept trying to shift the cursor to the left.
    I checked and since it's still under warranty Verizon will swap it out. It only happened for a couple days, and has quit since (happened a few days ago). Any ideas what may have caused it? Think it's worth going ahead and swapping it while it's still under warranty? Hate to run the risk of it doing it again later, of course knowing my luck I'll get a screwed up one when I swap it out! :) Thanks for any info.

Advertisement
  2. Bug Splat

Bug Splat Well-Known Member

I wouldn't. If you do exchange it they will give you a refurb and not a new phone. Mine did the same thing a week ago. Shifted on its own to the next screen while in my car cradle. Removed it from the cradle and played with it a bit and all was well. Have not had the problem since and I dock it every day on the way to and from work.

3. poshpepper

poshpepper Member

My phone does this also, but its not really a big deal IMO since it doesn’t freeze the phone, I can just hit the home button and it is back to normal.

4. PossumK

PossumK Well-Known Member

Is anyone having this problem on a newer (i.e. very recently received) phone? I'm wondering if this problem still exists in recent builds or if it was just a problem with the early ones.

5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I had the same issue. It is a software issue. It is fixed by a total reset. I've done a reset once, the week after I got the phone at the vzw tech's advice and it fixed my same problem. Today I rebooted because I stupidly tried out some programs.

After you reset: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU INSTALL!!

PossumK likes this.
  6. poshpepper

poshpepper Member

Just wondering if you think uninstalling the suspect app (if you could identify it of course) would also work?

7. PossumK

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I figure I'll be resetting my phone soon enough anyway once custom ROMs become available following root.

8. palomosan

palomosan Well-Known Member

You can also try pulling the battery while the phone it's on and wait I think it is like 60 seconds then turn the phone on again and see what happens.

9. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

no, you have to reset. Being a software issue, pulling the battery won't do it. It's woth a try, however, it's not going to work. I had to reset today. I hate resetting, because I have to reload stuff and get the phone just right, which takes time. However, I learned a great deal about Android by doing all this. I'm much better with re-loading the second time around. I'm done now. No suspicious programs for me.

10. PossumK

Ah well, I tried a reset, and I'm still having the problem. Hopefully it can be patched in the next update, or can be adjusted with root apps.

11. lucasbuck

lucasbuck Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for all the responses, at least I know it's not just me. I had called Verizon before I posted this, but they said it wasn't a known issues.
    And I didn't know they gave you a referb. They said if I took it back to the store, they would just give me a new one. Do they keep referbs at the store?