Screen popped offSupport

1. kdk1980

kdk1980 New Member

Hi all I just got this phone a few days ago and when I slid it open last night the screen popped off and the ribbon cable became exposed. I tried to just put it back together as soon as it happened, but once I touched the cable, the screen went black and it wont come back on. Of course I have no idea how to reattach the cable as I am not very tech savvy, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips on what to do? Is the phone just dead now? Thanks for any help. This is damn frustrating.

Advertisement
    :
  2. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

You mean the keyboard fell off, or the screen popped out of the casing?

Regardless, it's not worth horsing around with. Your carrier should replace it gratis as that's a manufacturing defect.
  3. kdk1980

kdk1980 New Member

When I slid the screen up to type, it came detached from the keyboard. Thanks for the response. I want to try to fix it, but like you said, its probably not worth messing around with.
  4. DannySihapanya

DannySihapanya Well-Known Member

Dafaq? I never even heard of that
  5. Trevon360

Trevon360 Well-Known Member

.... Lol...
  6. tresveces

tresveces Member

if you got the receipt, call the store/kyocera.

since you just got it, it should still be under factory warranty. they should fix it for you.
  7. ChunkyDunk

ChunkyDunk New Member

Hey people. The same thing happened to me, but I had my phone for about 6 months before it happened and I took a lot of pics of my newborn daughter with it, so if anyone knows how to fix the ribbon cable or upload pics from a kyocera rise WITHOUT syncing, please respond back. Thanks!!