• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

screen problem (cracked and rainbow colored pixels)

niloroth

Lurker
May 12, 2010
So, I dropped my phone a few weeks back which cracked the screen (HTC EVO 4G LTE), and have meant to replace the screen, but it was usable, and i was busy so i never got around to it.

Then yesterday i take it out of my pocket, and it is crazy. (see attached pics) I can only describe it as the individual pixels going all rainbow.

The touchscreen sort of works, in that i can occasionally answer calls by remembering where the answer button should be, but not consistently. I can't seem to get the unlock pin entered correctly, but the alarm went off this morning, and i got it to dismiss after the second attempt. It is ringing fine, and it is getting updates. As you can see from the pics, it sometimes covers the whole screen, and sometimes shows the notification bar perfectly, but the rest is still rainbowed.

So, i figured i would ask around a bit, before i spent the $60 on a new lcd screen and digitizer. Since if it turns out to be more damage than that, i don't want to waste money if i am going to have to buy a new phone.

Hope this was clear enough, if not, ask away and i will try my best to answer.

Thank you

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 118
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 84

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones