• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen problem in Wildfire S

fisma

Lurker
Dec 6, 2012
Hi guys,
Sometimes I experience screen problem with my HTC Wildfire S. Screen goes off and I can not turn it on again. In this case I have to take out battery and put it back. After that everything works fine. It happens 2-3 times every day.
What may be problem? Is it hardware problem or software problem???
Thanks in advance for response.

Hi guys,
Sometimes I experience screen problem with my HTC Wildfire S. Screen goes off and I can not turn it on again. In this case I have to take out battery and put it back. After that everything works fine. It happens 2-3 times every day.
What may be problem? Is it hardware problem or software problem???
Thanks in advance for response.
Hi!
If this happens after you make a call and you have a case, the problem is the proximity sensor. Today I bought a phone case and I have the same problem because the case covers the sensor, and even if I don't have the phone next to my ear, the screen remains off. I still don't know how to disable the sensor, I'm working on that :eek:

Upvote 0
Hi!
If this happens after you make a call and you have a case, the problem is the proximity sensor. Today I bought a phone case and I have the same problem because the case covers the sensor, and even if I don't have the phone next to my ear, the screen remains off. I still don't know how to disable the sensor, I'm working on that :eek:

I guess you need to get rid of the case mate or else punch a jole in the case where the proximity sensor is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones