• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen problem - seen this before?

Mazzo

Lurker
Oct 20, 2010
UK
Hi

First post - and one of desperation.

I already have a Galaxy Portal but my daughter asked if she could have one, so I bought one off ebay. It arrived and looked clean, tidy and everything in the box, but once it is on, it's another story.

The screen on the wallpaper has a discolouration that makes it almost go like a negative. On the white areas of screen (basically any menu or the white bar at the top) there is yellow discolouration. If you press the screen at the top left corner, it goes blank like the phone has gone off, but it eventually comes on again.

The dial pad is very messy! Instead of the grey buttons, each button has a fat blue wedge running through the middle.

I've done what I can (like a reset) but it makes no difference.

Anyone come across this before and if so, what can I do. I have a nasty feeling the seller knew about this and I'm going to struggle getting my money back.

I've got some photos of the screen if that helps.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSCF2244.JPG
    DSCF2244.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCF2240.JPG
    DSCF2240.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCF2246.JPG
    DSCF2246.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 47
Wow, thanks that was quick.

It almost looks like it is struggling to render the image. When it is turned on, the 3 screen comes up which is white with a black 3 in the middle. That is fine with no discolouration. Same with the internet - white pages OK, but tap screen to enlarge and the magnifying glass controls have blue bands across them.

So what worries me is if I put a new screen in, will it make a difference? More to the point, I shouldn't be having to do this! It was advertised as perfect.

Next stage, paypal dispute...... joy of joys.

Thanks again. I guess if anyone has come across this problem before, they'll add their comments. I've hunted the internet for the same problem but can't find anything. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones