Screen problems...is my Evo ruined for good?Support

Last Updated:

1. coconut_icecream

coconut_icecream New Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my Evo for less than a week. When I bought it, the Sprint guy gave me an extra wall charger that he had lying around. I used it a couple of times and a few days ago, the screen started freaking out without me even touching it, selecting things toward the bottom of the screen. Most notably, if this happened from the home screen, it would select "Phone" and call whoever was at the top of the list. NOT COOL, let me tell you. This would happen mostly when on that charger, but occasionally even when not, usually when I unlock it for the first time in a while. After a few seconds, it stops and goes back to normal.

Anyway, so I did some research and I think this was caused by the extra charger, which turned out to be a Kyocera one. I've stopped using it, hoping that would fix the problem. But it happened again today and I'm sort of worried. I want to know if this is doomed to keep happening or this will go away eventually. Can anyone help?

Advertisement
  2. thaprinze

thaprinze Well-Known Member

Non HTC wall chargers seem to do that. I have no idea why. I've been using one for a while now, and while I have touchscreen issues from time to time when I have it charging, it's not a very big issue when disconnected.

I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, but it's very rare that I have touchscreen issues when not plugged in.