• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen Problems

brlc

Lurker
Oct 21, 2010
Every now and then when I unlock my screen on my nexus one, the screen doesn't seem to be displaying any red pixels (I think). But I turn the screen of and on again and the screen is back to normal. This started a couple of days ago and is becoming more and more frequent. Help!

received_4.jpg

received_3.jpg

received_5.jpg

You might want to give this app a try: Dead pixel detect. It has 8 colours that you go through. The colour Red is the 5th colour (after blue). Did you download anything recetly that might cause this...like a home replacement app?

Thanks for the tip, I've downloaded the app, so I will try it out next time I get the red pixels not working (Blue Screen?)

And no, I haven't installed a home replacement app

It hasn't been so frequent so far this week, I think it has happened once in the last 4 days? hopefully it doesn't happen again, I'd just like to know what was causing it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones