Screen Protecter Sucks!

Last Updated:

1. Wise Dr Funk

Wise Dr Funk Member This Topic's Starter

I got my Doid today with the screen protector and boy ever does that protector suck. I decided to stick it on after using the touch screen and it made things worse in two ways.

1. It makes the screen significantly less sharp. I suppose I should blame myself for this one seeing as the protector is also billed for privacy.

2. I can hardly use ANY touch function. The packaging for the protector said I may need to adjust touch sensitivity but I haven't found any way to do that. I press multiple times and frequently get the wrong thing pressed. Am I missing something here? I checked the manual.

I may go back to Verizon today and try to get a refund on the protector. I spent way to much money for a phone protector that hobbles it. Love the phone otherwise.

Advertisement
  2. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

Zagg all the way.

Great protectors.

3. dadawan

dadawan New Member

I'm not a fan of the screen protector either. Although the touching seems fine, it comes off too easily.

4. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

A screen protector is like insurance. You only appreciate it after you f'ed up in some way.

5. ssmith1092

ssmith1092 Active Member

well the verizon sales rep put mine on when i bought it, and i must say that it is working very well, but being the fact that they dont last forever like zagg(which i have used in the past) i will be ordering zagg very soon

6. lokiju

lokiju New Member

Go with a bodyguardz if they have them for the Droid yet.

Just as good IMO as the Zagg but half the cost and you get two sets plus life time replacements for $4 per replacement.

7. quixand

quixand Well-Known Member

There were two kinds. Privacy, and not.

The privacy ones blow nuts.

The normal one, is perfect on my phone.

8. jmmille

jmmille Member

I always used Bestskinsever on my BlackBerry. Not sure what I'm going to use on the droid.

9. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member

good to know. was worried for a second :)

10. Wise Dr Funk

Wise Dr Funk Member This Topic's Starter

Wonder if I go down and raise a stink if they'll do a trade for me. I didn't ask for privacy, I just wanted the protector! This privacy bs blows copious nuts.

11. shotinthenads

shotinthenads Well-Known Member

Before I got rid of my 3Gs for the Droid I used a Bodyguardz protector. They say they offer lifetime replacement, but after the first replacement they ignore your subsequent replacement request. This is an FYI. If you buy a screen protector from Verizon (not a privacy screen protector), save the receipt. If the protector peels off within a year they will replace it for free. This is not advertised. The local store rep told me this.

12. quixand

quixand Well-Known Member

I would. You just dropped 3 large. I'd go today before all those accessories are gone too!

13. audioi

audioi Well-Known Member

The verizon one is way too thick. It kills the screen contact and darkens the view. Waste of $12.99

14. diddiyo

diddiyo Well-Known Member

same here. i bought one at the verizon store that is universal for several phones and you need to cut it yourself. the touchscreen works perfectly fine.

i'm just wondering whether or not i should cover the whole thing (earpiece, screen, buttons) or just the screen. as of right now i have only covered the screen itself.

15. blazingwolf

blazingwolf Well-Known Member

You bought the Privacy protector and not the screen protector.

I took mine back because the top was sticking and the store I went to changed them out for the screen protectors.

16. twztdwyz

twztdwyz Member

The privacy ones should not have been sold, i work for Verizon and they issues a recall on those protectors the day the droid came out. So if you are being offered the privacy protectors do not buy them, they are to thick to allow touch function.

17. blazingwolf

I just talked to my VZW store yesterday and they said there was no recall on them. Also, mine worked just fine while I had it on. Returned it because the top portion was not sticking to the screen like it should have.

18. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Fancy seeing you here friend ;) I was told there was a recall on them as well , so I guess it depends on who you talk to :)

19. blazingwolf

Nice to see you too. :)

20. iPhoneMilk

iPhoneMilk Well-Known Member

Im using a zagg protector and i bought it for 22$.

it's HORRIBLE... coming from an iPhone to this... it makes the touch non existant almost. I have to press down really hard, and there is also tons of Resistance (drag) when sliding my finger across the screen.

Zagg is horrible. Honestly i ordered a new kind off Amazon. im going to put that on and see how it works.. if it makes the sensitivity worse then im just going to not even use a protector....

21. GrandMasterB

Zagg is the WORST I have ever used , imo, for those exact reasons. You have to be really careful with a capacative touch too that the protector is not to thick and Zagg just doesnt cut it , IMO.

Most recently I used Phantom Skinz on my Touch Pro2 and loved em. They are the same 'military grade' material but without the heavy orange peel texture that creates drag and distorts the pixels like Zagg does. And they are a set of 2 full body coverage kits for $17 with free shipping.

Phantom Skinz - Clear Protection Film for Motorola Droid

22. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member

how hard was it to get the phantom skinz on? i just ordered their screen protector (don't need the full body coverage).

23. Droid503

Droid503 Member

I just got Invisible Shield on two Droids for $20 installed and I have no issues with resolution or touch. I've used them for all sorts of gadgets and never had an issue.

24. JackT

JackT Well-Known Member

I also have used Zagg IS for a long time on a number of devices, but I don't like them for touchscreens based on their tacky feel. I am waiting for Boxwave to release one of theirs. I am interested in the anti-glare one to help cut down on the glare when I use the Navigation feature in my truck.

25. GrandMasterB

Putting it on is super easy , just dip it in warm water , get your finger tips wet and slide it into place , its moveable for a few minutes. Getting it off is a whole different story... I had to send back my TP2 and it is NOT easy to get off and definitely not reusable , same as the ZAGG ones, they are not made to be removed ;(

Granted it has been a few years since I tried the Zagg ones , maybe they have improved...