screen protector applicationAccessories

Last Updated:

1. tschecter

tschecter Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok- question for those who have done it- if I am installing a screen protector that requires the soap/water solution, do I need to leave the phone turned off for 8-24 hours? really?

the instructions on the screen protector I got to replace the one that is starting to have what feels like scratches in it says that the phone should be turned off, batter out, for no less than 8 hours, and better to be for 24... and I know thats to give the water time to dry, but really, it doesn't take THAT much water, does it? and I am doing only the screen, not the back or anything...

so- do I really need to leave it off for this long? or would it be safe to say, leave it for an hour or so, and then turn it back on? (and really, would it be useable at that point anyway? or would I be better to give the screen longer to dry before using touchscreen anyway?

thanks in advance for the advice.

Advertisement
  2. Moonfire

Moonfire Well-Known Member

I haven't added one to the screen itself, but did add a Zagg to the back. The solution is pretty much water with a teeny bit of dish soap added to it, so yes those times sound ridiculous. I would, however, recommend doing it at the end of the day if possible, and letting it set overnight. It takes a couple days for it to completely set up - the time they give is probably just so you don't swipe across it and move the protector.

I've also heard people wrapping the phone in cellophane afterwards to dry, or turning the phone on so the heat makes the bubbles go away faster. For the record, I let it sit overnight (with the battery out) inside a hard case, with rubber bands on the corners. Probably overkill, and doesn't make as much sense if you're just doing the screen part.

3. Halcyon

Halcyon Well-Known Member

Yuck to water applied protectors. Go Seidio you will love them. seidioonline.com

4. tkyleus

tkyleus Member

These cases look nice, but no belt clip - I really like to have a belt clip. Yeah, I guess I am lame for that, but otherwise my phone would get lost - just my opinion :)

5. nunyazz

nunyazz Well-Known Member

Seidio has separate belt clips, they are awesome.

6. redzone

redzone Member

I had Best Buy add the Zagg Ultra shield(did it for free) to the front of my Fascinate and used it immediately with no issues. Hope this helps.