Screen Protector discussionTips

Which Screen Protector is your favourite?

1. Anymode Oleophobic

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  2. Pro-Tec

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  3. MFX 5-in-1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Martin Fields

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Case-Mate Anti-Glare

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Zagg Invisible Shield

63 vote(s)
    43.8%
  7. 3M Scotch Film Lite Matte

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3M Scotch Film Lite

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  9. Rock Anti-Fingerprint

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Terrapin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Kolay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. FoneM8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Vikuiti CV8 by 3M

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Vikuiti ADQC27 by 3M

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Vikuiti DQC160 by 3M

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. GadgetinBox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. BAAS Matte Clear (Anti-Glare)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Trizmo Anti-Glare & Anti-Fingerprint

4 vote(s)
    2.8%
  19. MOFRED

4 vote(s)
    2.8%
  20. Steinheil

49 vote(s)
    34.0%
  21. XO Skins

4 vote(s)
    2.8%
  22. Skinomi

8 vote(s)
    5.6%
Last Updated: 2013-05-22 12:01:18
  1. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

Is anybody going to be using a screen protecter or just leave it naked? I've been using a ZAGG on my DROID Charge & really like it, but can't make up my mind weather to put one on my GS3 when it arrives? Any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. Covart

Covart Well-Known Member

I always get a quality anti fingerprint/smudge screen protector. Hate seeing oil and fingerprints all over the screen.

Question is, how long will it take to get accessories for this phone. Since this is a common global design, like the iphone, we should have a lot of choices in pretty short order, i would think.
  3. HM08

HM08 Active Member

Definitely getting a screen protector....are there available for order in the US yet?
  4. NineToTheSky

NineToTheSky Well-Known Member

I've got a Zagg on mine, fitted by Carphone Warehouse for me. Much less hassle.
  5. fbm111

fbm111 Well-Known Member

Sgp when they make them.
  6. wunderchar

wunderchar Member

i got a matt screen protector in my shop which i love as it leaves no smudges unlike those shiny ones, but i know very well these types of screen protectors don't last so will probably get a zagg one, wouldn't wanna scratch my screen....its highly annoying lol
  7. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm Well-Known Member

Had them on my Droid and they worked well. Not sure if I am going to keep the S3 when I get it, so I want to protect it. I also bought a clear TPU case.
  8. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Yeah, I always try to sell my phone when I'm done with it, so screen protector and case on all my phones.
    treb1797 likes this.
  9. tnedator

tnedator Well-Known Member

Are their screen protectors already out for the S3 or if there aren't, which one should I get for temp use that will most closely fit the S3?

I want to buy one before my pre-ordered phone arrives.
  10. CGNY87

CGNY87 Well-Known Member

11. svensett

svensett Well-Known Member

Zagg is available now. I have one of theirs on my DX and it's ok. It does have an orange peel look with the screen off, but it's not very noticeable when on. It feels a little more grabby than the Steinheil Ultraclear I had before, but has stayed cleaner. The Steinheil developed a haze like hue in high use areas.

I haven't compared brands lately, but would like to find something in the middle of these. Good scratch resistance, but still a clear view of the screen.
  12. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Definitely getting a screen protector, either SGP or Clarivue.
  13. MooN

MooN Well-Known Member

Naked for me!
  14. finn5975

finn5975 Well-Known Member

I am going to remember this for the first time you post on here about that nasty little scratch on your beautiful screen! ;)
  15. anna_p

anna_p Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried Wrapsol? I want to get a full shield for my phone because I'm likely getting a white one and I dont want any stains or anything for when I eventually sell it. Or should I go with Zagg or something else?

And kind of a dumb question... I can use another case on top of a shield like that right? I've never used one of those before, but I'd definitely want a case as well because I like the added bulk. TIA :)
  16. pauleroni

pauleroni Member

Isnt the S3 made with Gorilla Glass? Very unlikely to scratch?

I recently had the screen replaced on my Evo 3D, lost my screen protector. I love the nice glass-glide feeling of no screen protector.
  17. treb1797

Yes...it has the new Gorilla Glass 2.
  18. pauleroni

pauleroni Member

So if you get a case for drops, why get a screen protector?
  19. treb1797

Just makes me feel better having that added protection.
  20. jackdubl

jackdubl Well-Known Member

Keys, coins, or whatever else is in your pocket. I always use one, as I always sell my phones. I must admit that only one screen protector I have ever owned got scratched, so probably didn't need them all. But the screen is the most valuable and fragile part of the phone, and a scratch on the screen will always be there.
  21. pauleroni

pauleroni Member

That's true, but the S3 will ship with the new Gorilla Glass 3. Youtube videos have shown people scratching their S3, or attempting to scratch, with coins, keys, etc, and it doesn't. Is there a chance it can get scratched?
  22. Scootmien

Scootmien Well-Known Member Contributor

I always put a screen protector on my phone and carry it in a case.

However, a word of warning about the SGS3, as it has a curved glass screen at the sides, the rigid plastic screen protectors don't sit properly. Although they sit fine on the screen, they lift at the edges due to the curve. This makes putting a bumper case on difficult too.

You're better off getting a soft screen protector like the Zagg Invisishield (for instance, although they 'orange peel' horribly in my experience).
  23. tnedator

tnedator Well-Known Member

24. CGNY87

CGNY87 Well-Known Member

The SGP is cut to compensate for the curved screen. Also the ultra crystal makes it look and feel like the actual glass. No orange peel or werid feel to it
  25. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

I don't think they're important now that we have corning gorilla glass on everything. These screens can be used to hammer nails into wood without even a scratch appearing on the screen.