Screen Protector discussionTips

Which Screen Protector is your favourite?

1. Anymode Oleophobic

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  2. Pro-Tec

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  3. MFX 5-in-1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Martin Fields

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Case-Mate Anti-Glare

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Zagg Invisible Shield

63 vote(s)
    43.8%
  7. 3M Scotch Film Lite Matte

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3M Scotch Film Lite

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  9. Rock Anti-Fingerprint

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Terrapin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Kolay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. FoneM8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Vikuiti CV8 by 3M

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Vikuiti ADQC27 by 3M

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Vikuiti DQC160 by 3M

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. GadgetinBox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. BAAS Matte Clear (Anti-Glare)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Trizmo Anti-Glare & Anti-Fingerprint

4 vote(s)
    2.8%
  19. MOFRED

4 vote(s)
    2.8%
  20. Steinheil

49 vote(s)
    34.0%
  21. XO Skins

4 vote(s)
    2.8%
  22. Skinomi

8 vote(s)
    5.6%

Last Updated:

1. BryanMR2

BryanMR2 Active Member

I will be trying a TruProtection screen protector on my next phone (likely GS3). They are the sister company to Power Support which makes the best screen protectors for Apple devices bar none. I really like the smooth feel and fingerprint-resistance of their Anti-Glare protectors.

I've had both Steinheil and Realook screen protectors on my original Galaxy S and have not been satisfied with either of them. I always wished Power Support would make screen films for non-Apple products, so I e-mailed them and they let me know of their sister company.

Phone & Tablet Accessories: Screen Protectors, Sleeves, Cases | Tr

Advertisement
  2. jj767

jj767 New Member

+1 for the SGP Ultra Crystal. That's what I've used for my DX ever since I bought it, and I love it. Hopefully it will work well on the S3. I use Best Skins Ever on non-touch devices and really like them, but I don't like the drag it creates on touch screens.
  3. svensett

svensett Well-Known Member

I think that one is similar to the Zagg material based on the specs. The only other phone it is offered on is the Galaxy Nexus and the reviews are a bit mixed.

I spend a good deal of time outdoors in dusty environments so I suspect gritty fingers on the UltraClear caused most of the issues with the haze. I may just have to plan to replace the screen protector more often than normal use...
  4. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

I would normally use one but every screen protector i've tried just doesnt look right on the screen of the Galaxy S3 due to size and the slightly curved surface round the sides.

So I might just go for a pouch and no screen protector this time, I don't like the look of cases so far either.
  5. Yanks

Yanks Well-Known Member

I plan on getting Ghost Armor when they have it on their website.
  6. RagingSamster

RagingSamster Well-Known Member

Naked for me - My Evo has been nekkid since it was born. No scratches, I want to see all the hd Netflix LTE will stream
  7. GTGD

GTGD Well-Known Member

Same here, I always forget it's on. I've had the same one on my DX for 2 years and it's still in perfect condition even after all the roughness and oils.
  8. hal1

hal1 Well-Known Member

9. hal1

hal1 Well-Known Member

Sorry, duplicate post
  10. BaronOfBlood

BaronOfBlood Well-Known Member

11. Yanks

Yanks Well-Known Member

Are their any other ones out there that are similar to zagg and ghost armor?
  12. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Well-Known Member

I dunno - I always read about on these threads about how Gorilla Glass is unscratchable, etc., etc. - but shoot, time and time again I visit AT&T stores and I see phones with Gorilla Glass (supposedly) that are all scratched up. Just recently I saw a HTC One X and an HTC Vivid scratched up BIG time - like as if someone really wanted to test it out, and it was like someone took keys or something and kept scratching over and over on a part of the screen. So, while maybe it's not what most of us would do to the phone, my personal experience is that Gorilla Glass DOES scratch. To be honest, I always thought that Gorilla Glass was near impossible to break - not impossible to scratch. In the Corning demos I've seen - I think they usually show the strength on impact and never demo scratching.

A friend just bought a Spring HTC Evo 4G or whatever it is called - but the latest HTC on Sprint - and shoot, she had it for a week and there's already a scratch on the screen. She thinks it's because she had it in a pocket with a bag of something - and the edge of the bag scratched it. I doubt THAT, but I saw the scratch myself.

Maybe it's an HTC thing then?
  13. phillyphill39

phillyphill39 Active Member

Yeah I order mine from best skin(s) ever. Just as good and cheap. They have a full body skin for $8. Covers front, back and side.
  14. RamOG

RamOG Well-Known Member

In prior android smart phones I guess screen protectors were necessary.

But with this being GG2 and all. Do you guys suggest to put a screen protector on them or no? Thank you
  15. shepo73

shepo73 Well-Known Member

I'm not going to bother. Didn't with my s2 either personal choice I suppose.
  16. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Well-Known Member

I still haven't on mine. I am looking for a good one to fit. Don't just trust your phone, it's always better to have additional protection, Gorilla Glass are tough, scratch-resistant, etc. but you never know what can happen. Plus, have you noticed how prone is the Galaxy S3 to get covered with fingerprints? I am trying to find a screen protector to avoid that.
  17. RamOG

RamOG Well-Known Member

Did you get any scratches or any small nicks on the screen at all?
  18. Tommydaniel

Tommydaniel Well-Known Member

Key-word to pay attention to with Gorilla Glass is that it's scratch resistant, not scratch PROOF. So it is still very capable of getting scratched, especially if you spend anytime at the beach.
  19. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

Never had a scratch on any of my gorilla glass products.

Scratches are UNUSUAL on gorilla glass, but not IMPOSSIBLE. Like the poster before me said, they're scratch resistant not scratch proof. I wouldn't worry too much, just don't be deliberately careless, i.e. don't keep your phone in your pockets with your keys.
  20. RamOG

RamOG Well-Known Member

I think I am going to go without one for a while. I really hate the feel of a phone with screen protector. I had one on my EVO 4G, took it off a couple of weeks in. Then with nice care I didn't get any scratches at all. Of course the last 6-8 months I abused it and got a couple of small scratches. And that wasn't even Gorilla Glass.

Anyway, unless I find a really good protector that I don't feel akward using I think I won't get one. I am very careful anyway. For me the phone always has its own pocket and kept very carefully when out of pocket
  21. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

There are some really good screen protectors, for those who like the peace of mind of using one. I recommend SGP screen protectors. They feel smooth, like the bare glass, and are crystal clear.
    Tommydaniel likes this.
  22. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

jerofld likes this.
  23. chamba

chamba Well-Known Member

I would say, if you are generally careful with your phone and use common sense a screen protector is not for you, I've had my droid x for 2 years (coming up this July) no scratches at all. the only thing i did do is get a rubber phone case because i do sometimes put the phone face down and the case actually prevents the phones screen from touching any flat surface but other than that my phone has been going in and out of my pocket for 2 years with keys and earphones and other objects.
  24. SamMax

SamMax Well-Known Member

I think it varies person to person. I am obsessed with paying close attention to my smartphones. I have had smartphones the majority of the time since 2006 and i havent yet scratched any screens. So if your super careful i don't feel they are nessasary but if your not then it's better to be safe and pick up a screen protector.
  25. Tommydaniel

Tommydaniel Well-Known Member

SGP is my pick as well.