1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Tips Screen protector/gorilla glass

1. MyUsernameRox

MyUsernameRox Well-Known Member

I figured since these are very similar topics I'd post them together.

1. I am pretty unhappy with the MetroPCS screen protector I was sold, in two weeks I've incurred more scratches on my phone (through normal use), than in 8 months with an obviously better screen protector I had on my last phone-and believe me I've babied the hell out of this phone. Does anyone have suggestions for a GOOD screen protector?

2. If I were to remove the plastic screen protector, is the gorilla glass really impervious to the slight scratches my phone has gained? Is there anyone currently using a "naked" Motion with no protector who can tell me/us if it lives up to the hype?

Advertisement
  2. cjbandroid

cjbandroid Well-Known Member

The Samsung Admire had Gorilla glass... zero scratches, no protector. My GF has had hers since December, no scratches at all.

My Motion is three weeks old, still has the "Factory sheet" on it, and it doesn't seem to be coming off on its own.

I wont be using a screen protector on mine.
  3. johnnyolivares

johnnyolivares Well-Known Member

My phone is naked and its holding up. No scratches, but consider at the beginning I took better care of my phone. Yet after the first I treated it like my old phone. I've had it for about a month. Maybe more.

I still would like to get a good screen protector because this phones deserves it ;-)
  4. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder Well-Known Member

I agree the Metro screen protectors are junk. I had the same experience with my previous phone (M+) when I used the protector that came with the Metro gel case. The case was great, as is the one that I got from them for the Motion. But the screen protector didn't fit right (width was cut slightly too large) so I got them to give me another one which I trimmed to fit properly. It developed scratches after only a few days of use, plus it was also way too reflective. So I took it off and put a Zagg on. I had a Zagg on my old M and it held up very well (it's still on there in fact and hasn't shown any wear at all). Unfortunately at the time they didn't make a custom-fit one so I had to cut a universal one to fit, but it came out pretty well.
    With the Motion, I didn't even bother trying to use the Metro protector I got with the gel case, although I did do a quick check and sure enough it also looks like it was cut a bit large. I left the factory film on for a while and originally planned to leave it alone until it got scratched, but the constant smudging was getting annoying so I trimmed the last universal Zagg I had to fit the Motion and put it on. That was just a few days ago and the little bubbles and other imperfections are still working their way out (it does take a while), but it's looking better every day.
    So short answer, I'd recommend a Zagg if you want something that will protect the screen, hold up well and clean easily. The downside is that at least for now, you will have to buy a universal one and (carefully) cut it to fit. Doing it right does require patience and careful measuring.
  5. TheGoodMan

TheGoodMan Well-Known Member

I always drop my phones crack my screens so i have s case n screen protector. But for light scratches I'm sure it will hold up fine.
  6. warock56

warock56 Well-Known Member

I still have the screen film that came with the phone, haven't taken it off, it's been holding up great so far against scratches/etc.
  7. blaze420916

blaze420916 Well-Known Member

I seen some protectors the other day that where resistant to glare i might try those out they were only like $4 for two if them.
  8. unnamedny

unnamedny Well-Known Member

i bought 3 protectors, one silicone cover and one belt porch off the ebay. all the accessories cost me less than $20 and im very happy with the quality
  9. aciulladev

aciulladev Well-Known Member

I am on my second screen protector in 2 weeks. My first one got really really scratched up and I bought a second one with a case. And I have babied it lol but no scratches and it works pretty good.
  10. Mrsly6900

Mrsly6900 New Member

My motion has loads of dust and gunk between the glass and plastic casing around the mic. I took off the protector thinking I'd be able to clear it. No luck. Guess I'll just put another on.