Screen protector - I'm such a dumb***Accessories

Last Updated:

1. EgeBamyasi

EgeBamyasi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I noticed I accidentally ordered a Boxwave anti-glare screen protector for the GSM version of the Hero, NOT the Sprint version. They do differentiate between the two protectors on their website when ordering. It's coming in the mail and don't want to deal with the hassle of returning it.
    Does anyone one know for sure if the screens are identical between the two so I can use this one for the Sprint version?

Advertisement
  2. stinky

stinky Well-Known Member

Looking at a picture of the GSM hero and looking at my CDMA hero, they are different. The GSM version is square, while the CDMA version is rounded on top and bottom.

Looks like the GSM version has room to trim the top and bottom though to make it fit. Hopefully your crafty.

3. BOO5TED

BOO5TED Well-Known Member

They are different. The 4 corners of the gsm hero are rounded where the cdma is a 90 deg angle at the bottom corners and the top is rounded. Happy trimming. :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. vw driver

vw driver Well-Known Member

The real deal fits perfectly, don't mess around with trimming, call or e-mail, explain the problem, and get the right one. I have it, you will love it.

5. BOO5TED

BOO5TED Well-Known Member

I have It too, best out there IMO.

6. EgeBamyasi

Yeah, that's what I figured. I emailed Boxwave and awaiting an answer. Just not sure how I did that - I know I was looking at the Sprint Hero accessories when I ordered it. Bleh - guess i have to wait longer.

Good to know that everyone likes this screen protector! Thanks everyone for your input, pics, suggestions, etc. Always appreciate this knowledge-base and willingness to help a fellow 'droid.

7. dvdqnoc

dvdqnoc Well-Known Member

it will NOT fit. i bought a GSM protector long ago, and it did not fit.

8. buster3845

buster3845 Member

WOW I must be the only one who doesn't like the Boxwave screen protectors.
    I went through 2 of them and both were horrible.
    The first one started to peel up a bit in the lower left corner. Not much, but very noticeable when the screen was off.
    Got a replacement, and that one was even worse. After a week started peeling up on the whole left side and the right top corner.
    Sent that back and got a refund.
    BTW-both were fingerprint magnets.
    Been going commando ever since - and love it.
    To each his own i guess.:)

9. EgeBamyasi

Thanks for that confirmation, dvdqnoc!

buster3845: I've read that the corner peeling is a common issue. Did you have the anti-glare version? People seem to really like this one vs the other one they offer.

10. buster3845

buster3845 Member

Both of mine were the crystal versions. I really didn't want anything more than a clear protector. Perhaps i should have tried the Anti-Glare.
    I've got a Zagg one sitting at home for a few weeks now - haven't bothered putting it on. I might try that if i get bored.
    ;)

11. Twice

Twice Well-Known Member

The whole reason I put the protector on my Hero at all was because of the fingerprints. I must've cleaned my screen 60 times a day. I have those microfiber wipes everywhere. In the outside pocket of my coat, the inside pocket of my coat. There are 3 in my purse. 1 in my desk at home, 1 in the desk at the office (1 IN the desk, 1 ON the desk). I think there are 4 in the car (glove box, center section, in the change drawer & above the visor) Fingerprints made me insane!! lol

12. Biggest Fro

Biggest Fro Well-Known Member

I have Skinomi Techskin, and love it.

I bought the full phone set, but had to take off the top/bottom and back pieces to fit my hard case, but I kept the button covers+screen protector, and it's great.

the on on the buttons nearly makes the call/end buttons smooth, and it's hardly noticeable.

here's a link to the screen only, navigate through the site to find the full phone covers.
    Sprint HTC Hero Screen Protector