• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Screen protector - I'm such a dumb***

EgeBamyasi

Jan 20, 2010
Wisconsin
I noticed I accidentally ordered a Boxwave anti-glare screen protector for the GSM version of the Hero, NOT the Sprint version. They do differentiate between the two protectors on their website when ordering. It's coming in the mail and don't want to deal with the hassle of returning it.
Does anyone one know for sure if the screens are identical between the two so I can use this one for the Sprint version?

They are different. The 4 corners of the gsm hero are rounded where the cdma is a 90 deg angle at the bottom corners and the top is rounded. Happy trimming. :(

GSM-Hero-Telus.jpg

HTC-Hero-Sprint-CDMA-280x300.jpg

Upvote 0
Yeah, that's what I figured. I emailed Boxwave and awaiting an answer. Just not sure how I did that - I know I was looking at the Sprint Hero accessories when I ordered it. Bleh - guess i have to wait longer.

Good to know that everyone likes this screen protector! Thanks everyone for your input, pics, suggestions, etc. Always appreciate this knowledge-base and willingness to help a fellow 'droid.

Upvote 0
WOW I must be the only one who doesn't like the Boxwave screen protectors.
I went through 2 of them and both were horrible.
The first one started to peel up a bit in the lower left corner. Not much, but very noticeable when the screen was off.
Got a replacement, and that one was even worse. After a week started peeling up on the whole left side and the right top corner.
Sent that back and got a refund.
BTW-both were fingerprint magnets.
Been going commando ever since - and love it.
To each his own i guess.:)

Upvote 0
BTW-both were fingerprint magnets.
Been going commando ever since - and love it.
To each his own i guess.:)

The whole reason I put the protector on my Hero at all was because of the fingerprints. I must've cleaned my screen 60 times a day. I have those microfiber wipes everywhere. In the outside pocket of my coat, the inside pocket of my coat. There are 3 in my purse. 1 in my desk at home, 1 in the desk at the office (1 IN the desk, 1 ON the desk). I think there are 4 in the car (glove box, center section, in the change drawer & above the visor) Fingerprints made me insane!! lol

Upvote 0
I have Skinomi Techskin, and love it.

I bought the full phone set, but had to take off the top/bottom and back pieces to fit my hard case, but I kept the button covers+screen protector, and it's great.

the on on the buttons nearly makes the call/end buttons smooth, and it's hardly noticeable.

here's a link to the screen only, navigate through the site to find the full phone covers.
Sprint HTC Hero Screen Protector

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones