Screen Protector Needed?Support

Last Updated:

1. StealthTH

StealthTH Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering if a screen protector is needed? Anyone go commando with their Moment? I've had a screen protector on mine since I got it, however I have oily skin and I've found the oils just gather on the protector and discolor/distort the image. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. pho

pho Member

my screen's already scratched.. to the point where you can see cracks.. and you can feel them with your fingernail... they're very small but annoying.... a screen protector wouldn't be a bad call

3. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

I have found a few good screen protectors that work well for me, and I got those KFC greasy fingers. I don't know if you have Fred Meyer stores where you are at, but I picked up a 4 pack of 'generic' protectors for $4 that have a great anti-fingerprint feel to them. Works great on mine, just be careful cutting them down.

4. setset

setset Member

i went to the sprint store and for 10 bucks, had the rep put it on for me. Was a bit "stiff" at first. Almost like a windex clean finish. After a while it became really smooth maybe due to the oils on my fingers.

5. Rhymhoont

Rhymhoont New Member

I use Zagg.com protectors on all my phones. They works great and seem indestructible.

6. LincKraker

LincKraker Well-Known Member

i've been using a zagg protector since they came out for the moment. no scratches and my finger prints are easy to rub off on my shirt or pants when it gets bad.

7. blindnoir

blindnoir Member

Which screen protector did you purchase? I need to get some and I hate waiting on shipping.

8. setset

setset Member

in the sprint store, there was 2 options: The privacy screen protector with the "blinds" and the standard clear one.

I got the standard one. Fits nicely. The privacy version doesnt cover the home, menu, and back buttons and it flat out sucks. My gf has the privacy one. It is loud. When you rub your fingers on it, it makes an annoying scratching noise. Reminds me of rubbing those "animated" cards or even better. Those thick plastic "animated" bookmarks you see at the checkout line in borders. Also the privacy screen protector makes everything a little darker.

9. mosiah

mosiah Active Member

I used a zagg protector, worked great until a pen click open in my pocket marked up the screen and caused a bubble, worked for a while then eventually the bubble grew and was messing with my sensor, took off the screen now there is a weird mark where the bubble was that won't go away, sent my screen in in hopes of a replacement but haven't heard anything back. The bubble mark has been there for 2 weeks no matter how I tried to clean.

10. kbrn

kbrn Well-Known Member

11. andremike

andremike Active Member

I found ZAGG screen protectors at Best buy the other day. They had them for some phone that they didn't sell anymore, so the Zagg screens were on clearence for $3.00.. I bought 7 of them.. I just cut it to fit and it worked great..

12. zr0hero

zr0hero Member

I too use one of those 'invisible shield' protectors. Works great. Takes forever to get it installed just perfect, but once you do you shouldn't ever have to take it off.

You may also want to adjust the screen brightness slightly to compensate (why have an AMOLED screen if you cant appreciate the vibrant colors ;))

13. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

The screen protectors for the Blackberry Storm fit on the Moment almost perfectly! It just doesn't cover the Sprint logo at the top, and the Home, Menu, and Back buttons. Perfect width though.