Screen Protector options?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Beefy

Beefy Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering what everyone's using as a screen protector for their Sprint Hero. I can't really seem to find anywhere online that has a good one, so I was wondering what anyone else has used.

Are there PhantomSkinz options? Anything BESIDES Zagg, which charges ********ly high prices?

Advertisement
  2. rockcrawler

rockcrawler Well-Known Member

This is what I am rocking : BodyGaurdz I like them better than the Zagg product because they are exactly the same product, but substantially thinner, so you don't get as much of that tacky feel on screen. I have the full body kit and I love it.

They offer the same lifetime warranty that Zagg does, but they ship you two of everything in the kit, so no waiting for replacementsmlike you have to with Zagg.

3. lexshero

lexshero Member

Iv used zagg on other phones and they last, but i personally hate the gummy grippy feeping when tryin to slide my finger across the screen, believe it or not i use the mytouch 3g ones made by tmobile. You can get tuem on tmobiles web site, in their store, or walmart sells them also, there smooth like glass, and they dont scratch like ones i get from plaves like bestbuy agter a week of using them...there about 8 dollars for two and its the exact same size.

4. rockcrawler

rockcrawler Well-Known Member

Are the screen sizes and shape exactly the same on the MyTouch and the Hero, because if so, I may pick hem up and give them a try for just my screen, I hate the sticky too?

5. my4x4byfar

my4x4byfar New Member

6. cirehawk

cirehawk Well-Known Member

I'll have to check these out as well. It's funny though. In the specs/reviews that I read before hand one of the things mentioned was that the screen was smudge resistant. However, it seems I am wiping my screen off after every use of the phone.

7. kinetic

kinetic Well-Known Member

Reluctant to recommend this, since you may be turned off by the relatively high price, but Martin Fields protectors are supposed to be quite good. Have NOT tried them myself, however.

8. lexshero

lexshero Member

Screen size on mytouch, hero ,and g1 are all the same, it picks up fingerprints. Alot, but wipe the screen and its sexy;-)...and no bubbles at all and thats tuff to find on a screen protector

9. kinetic

How "sticky" is the Bodyguardz screen protector compared to the naked screen? Is it an issue for you?

10. rswheaton

rswheaton Well-Known Member

No the screen is not the same size. I just went out and bought the My Touch 3g covers and they are they same size for viewable area however this leaves the black boarder around the viewable area unprotected and does not look or feel right. Shame on me before looking before I left the store.

11. jvoegele

jvoegele Member

I love the BoxWave screen protectors. They are sized exactly for the screen and leave no bubbles whatsoever. You can choose between Crystal, which is almost 100% transparent and you won't even notice it is there, or Anti-Glare which reduces glare at the cost of some clarity.

Take a look:

Hero Screen Protectors & Covers / Hero Protection / Sprint Hero Screen Protectors & Covers / Sprint Hero Protection

12. kinetic

[​IMG]
    Picasa Web Albums - Mike - Bodyguardz

It's not dust (I made sure the screen was really clean before installing). It looks like its the adhesive or something. Not sure why it's all speckled like that, though.

It's been 48 hours since the install. Will these go away?

13. ElAguila

ElAguila Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried the protectors that are supposed to be fingerprint resistant?

14. beadlam

beadlam Member

Wonder if anyone has tried any of the Amzer products?