Screen Protector or notAccessories

Last Updated:

1. thezero4

thezero4 New Member This Topic's Starter

I know it's been discussed for the magic, but are you going to put a screen protector on your Hero? I usually use screen protectors on my touch screen phones, but the coating on this screen for fingerprints is almost too nice for me to want to cover up, plus most of the better screen protector manufactures aren't making them for us yet.

Advertisement
  2. spenspuma

spenspuma Well-Known Member

I bought the official HTC screen protectors and they are perfect...no bubbles and the screen feels just as good. To be honest you wouldn't know it had one on.

3. g0tr00t

g0tr00t Well-Known Member

I threw on a temporary one. My plan is to do a one time buy of accessories (waiting for payday).

Not having one on worries me. I love the screen, but....been shooting pro digital cameras since 2000 and my habits are putting on a screen protector no matter what.

4. thezero4

thezero4 New Member This Topic's Starter

Can you post a link to the official screen protector I couldn't find one that is made by HTC. I also plan on buying my accessories in one shot all I really need are a case and screen protector, since I've had enough HTC phones to have about 3 of every other thing.

5. The_Master

The_Master Member

Link?

6. HTCDroid

HTCDroid Member

I think I'm gonna pass on screen protection for the Hero. The screen feels too nice to cover up, and it's oleophobic isn't it? Feels wrong to cover up technology that's so right ;)

7. pr0n

pr0n Member

thats why i didnt notice any finger prints on it! I thought it wasn't oleophobic, and then realized it gets all clean when I put it back in my pocket!

8. govno64

govno64 New Member

I bought one of the "official" screen protectors as well, but ended up taking it off. The reason is that it leaves visible fingerprint marks on the protector, while the oleophobic coating leaves barely any.

9. rldev

rldev Well-Known Member

Barely any? Are you referring to Sprint's Hero? I must have the stepchild because I have tons of smudges on my screen. It's just as bad as my iphone. It is much easier to clean though.