Screen protector or not?Support

Last Updated:

1. Fishyweb

Fishyweb Well-Known Member

My Xperia S came supplied with a screen protector, and I've made a right royal hash up of applying it - bubbles and dust specks galore.:eek:

I gather that the phone does not have Gorilla Glass, but does have some otehr kind of reinforced glass. Do others have any knowledge about how effective this is, and whether a protector is advisable?

Advertisement
  2. AntonXperiaS

AntonXperiaS Active Member

id put a protector on regardless!

I royally bodged my attempt to put it on and ended up with a few speckles and bubbles too.

There is a guy in the local market that does it for
  3. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

I'm exactly the same, royal mess up.
  4. gabbyevs

gabbyevs Well-Known Member

i cant do them im useless have to find someone whos good at it
  5. jaseuk

jaseuk Well-Known Member

Not, the one factory fitted is good enough for me
  6. gabbyevs

is ther eone on there already jase? i just have the usualone with a tage that has graphics all over it they put on when sending out a phone
  7. jaseuk

jaseuk Well-Known Member

Yep! If you look carefully there is one on already, definitely on mine there is gabby
  8. gabbyevs

oh right will have a look dont need two now do i!
  9. AntonXperiaS

AntonXperiaS Active Member

wow i just had a look, never even noticed that, they could have put that there was one already on the phone rather than making it look like it didnt have one at all and supplying one, now i have wasted the one out the box.... lol
  10. Fishyweb

Fishyweb Well-Known Member

Same here! :rolleyes:
  11. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Great, now I wasted mine has ha
  12. 2hats

2hats New Member

It looks as though there is already one in place, have u tried removing it to put a new one on? cant remove it.
  13. Gloris

Gloris Member

one of the great things about sony xperia is that, unlike other phones, the screen protector comes pre-fitted at the factory, where they can get it right first time, no bubbles, no dog hairs, no specks of dust....

if you ever need to remove it and get it changed though, i'd recommend going to carphone warehouse and getting them to profssionally fit one for you. it costs a lot more to buy their screen protectors and get it fitted, but once it's done they cover you for the life of the phone so if it ever needs replacing again, just take your phone in and it's sorted while you wait. no bubbles or anything, brilliant service on my dad's ipad.

for now though i'm happy with the pre-fitted screen protector (even though it does seem to be a bit of a dust magnet :p)