Screen protector recommendationsAccessories

Last Updated:

1. kdbolt70

kdbolt70 New Member This Topic's Starter

I got my Droid 2 on launch day, and I'm now interested in getting a protector for it. I haven't had one on any of my phones previously, so I'm not sure what brands or styles are preferred by most users. Are there any 'high quality' ones out there yet? Will the Droid 1 screen protectors fit the Droid 2? Are the 'privacy' style protectors generally well received or more annoying than useful?

Advertisement
  2. infil

infil Well-Known Member

The privacy ones tend to be kind of a PITA imo. I had em on my tour and storm and they drove me nuts, didn't like em much in direct sunlight.

The ones verizon sells tend to work pretty well from my experience, average about 3-4 months out of an individual protector on my eris and I am generally speaking not nice to my hardware.

3. Billy_617

Billy_617 Well-Known Member

i went out on a limb & let the verizon guy pick some for me .. the droid 2 anti glares are alright ; no bubbles what so ever. & it does slightly help in the sun. I had my brightness all the way down & definitely saw the difference i just dont like how it covers ONLY the legit screen not the whole glass part

4. jmz768

jmz768 Well-Known Member

No protector is how I roll. I never liked them even back in the days of using a stylus.

5. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

I use the anti-glare protectors from Verizon, and they do a great job. You can definitely tell as far as the screen in brightness and crispness of the image, but it's worth it since I have a bad habit of having change or cards in my pocket with my phone.

6. Desync

Desync Well-Known Member

I went and pickedup a Zagg invis shield for the Drod 1, i fit pefect on my D2. Only $20 at best buy.

7. WildrideDroid

WildrideDroid Member

didn't motorola use the gorilla glass for the screens like they did with the droid 1??

8. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

Will the folks at Best Buy install the Zaggs on your phone if you buy it there? I really want to give it a try, I just know I'll find a way to mess it up if I try to do it myself.

9. kdbolt70

kdbolt70 New Member This Topic's Starter

10. DigitalSifu

DigitalSifu Member

+1 on the Zagg. It is a little of a PITA to install with all that spray mess, but it looks and feels solid once its on. Scratches just ain't happenin' with this thing on.

11. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

I just installed my Zagg last night. They are very slow at shipping but for me its worth the wait. I had one on my last phone and it lasted over 2 years without every needing to be replaced. The screen still looks like it did when I first got it.

12. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

I'm on the Zagg bandwagon myself. Ordered mine today. Probably won't be here till Tuesday since Holiday weekend but I can't wait :D

13. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

D2 has gorilla glass...almost impossible to scratch. Dropped mine on concrete and asphalt repeatedly (yes, have a clumsy gene) landing face down most of the time and never had the slightest scratch on the screen...

Droid is the first phone I've ever had where a screen protector is just not needed for me...Gorilla Glass is amazing.

14. Richman21

Richman21 Well-Known Member

I bought the Verizon D2 screen protector..garbage IMO. Went back and got the D1 screen protector, looks great. The D2 screen protector seemed to have some film on it and it showed too many finger marks. The D1 is clear has IMO does not show finger marks as much as the D2 sp.