1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Screen protector that fits?

1. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

Just looking for a nice screen protector for my desire hd.

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

Are you getting a case? The screen protector that comes with the Otterbox commuter is pretty durable.
  3. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

I have the otterbox but i completely ruined the screen protector by dropping it ( got all dirt and hairs in it)
  4. El Presidente

Mehta23 likes this.
  5. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

Nice, had any experience with one of these?
    Also, if you have, and thoughts on how it feels compared to the naked screen?
  6. El Presidente

I've not unfortunately, but I intend to order a set for myself shortly.

I've no idea how it feels compared to the naked screen. From experience though, I do prefer the screen with a screen protector on it. I've not gone without one for a while, but I found the screen a little too sensitive without one.
  7. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

Have you taken delivery of your phone devils yet?
  8. El Presidente

Not yet, I'm a little skint at the moment so just got a cheapo one from the Orange shop.
  9. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

Alright. Just not sure whether to buy them or not ; I have xtreme ocd, so if it doesn't fit exactly or if it gets bubbles will annoy me a lot. And then if it doesn't feel good as well ( like the Zagg ones are rubbish for me as they feel really plasticy and aren't smooth. Same goes for the one with my otterbox.
  10. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

Also el. Not sure if you can answer me but, do you reckon the phone devils will be ok to take off once in a while without leaving stuff behind?
  11. El Presidente

Not entirely sure. I had the otterbox protector on for at least 11 months without taking it off. I'd reckon no though.
  12. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

By once in a while I meant nearly every month... Mabye a few times a month etc.
  13. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

By taking it off so often, you're likely to get stuff stuck to it or have it stop wanting to stick down. If it's down, with no bubbles/anything behind it, then why not leave as is?
  14. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

I was thinking of only putting it on when I would be using my otterbox, as I would've thought that using it with my pouch would start peeling etc on the sides? If it doesn't, then of course I'll leave it on, it's just that I may not like ( yeah, I know) the way it looks or feels... Or i may get used to it
  15. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

Also I was thinking if I did get bubbles, would taking it off and trying to re apply affect its performance.?
  16. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

I just had a screen protector on my DHD on it's own... couldn't really tell to be honest :)

No... the first time I put one on it had some muck on it (think I dropped it or something whilst trying to put it on) and that lead to bubbles, but I was able to clean the worst off and got it on again, no problem... what I meant was, if you keep taking off and re-sticking, it may become less affective :)
  17. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

Well I've got the invisible shield from zagg, it fits perfectly and with no bubbles or peeling. Scrolling is fine and doesn't affect use. Had it on for a few months no problems. It does give you a slight orange peel affect when the display is off. Got it from amazon, you can buy it just for the screen or the whole of the phone. I got it just for the screen.
  18. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

So you're saying that you don't find it plasticy? It doesn't stop your finger from sliding smoothly?
  19. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

I don't even notice its there tbh.
  20. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

Cool. So have you ever used Zagg before?
  21. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

No 1st time.
    You can get a set that covers the whole phone or just the screen. I just got the screen as i have a case so didn't need the rest. Got it for about
  22. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

23. bodybuilder27

bodybuilder27 Member

i have the screen protector that came with my Otterbox Commuter and it's awesome.

Only a couple of small bubbles after applied....but used the lil squeegy thing that came with it to get out the bubbles.....or a credit card will do same to get rid of bubbles.

Looks perfect, awesomely smooth.

Matt
  24. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

Which? Also from the orange shop I can get the official htc protectors and the casemate, with my phone fund these are 2 quid each but money isn't an issue of more expensive ones are better...
  25. El Presidente

The cheap ones will do, they're ok, but I preferred the one that came with the Otterbox. They were