Tips Screen Protector? Wireless Charger?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ArmageddonX, Nov 19, 2013.

1. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Well-Known Member

May 12, 2011
    Male
    Stay at home Dad
    Arizona, USA
    In the past I have used Zagg but I find them to be kind of rubbery when I slide my finger across them. Any suggestions? With the Gorilla Glass 3, do I even need one?

Also, can anyone recommend a wireless charger? I dont want to spend over $50 or so.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. tchen811

tchen811 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Get the Nokia wireless charger from AT&T. On sale now for $24.

3. ArmageddonX

May 12, 2011
    Male
    Stay at home Dad
    Arizona, USA
    So any wireless charger works then?

4. krs128

krs128 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    the official Google Nexus charger is listed on the Play Store as "coming soon" at $49.99. I am personally waiting for that one.

and I don't use Screen protectors, never have never will.

5. ArmageddonX

May 12, 2011
    Male
    Stay at home Dad
    Arizona, USA
    Thanks for the info on the charger.

Do you have scratches on your screen or is Gorilla just really that resilient?

6. krs128

krs128 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    the Nexus wireless charger is now on sale (went on sale like 2 hours I made that post) I just ordered mine.

no scratches so far, before this I had the original HTC incredible, never got a scratch on that phone, and then a Galaxy nexus, that had 2 minor scratches, but also a huge crack because I dropped it so many times.

I personally just hate the feel of a protector, and hate how it looks.

7. badutahboy

badutahboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    I bought the Nokia charger from AT&T, and it's a pretty great charger. I might buy the official one as well, since I charge in more than one place. Wireless charging is awesome and fairly quick with the Nokia. I just put my phone on it like 20 min ago and it's already up 11%.

As for a screen protector, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm over Zagg and would like something more plastic feeling. And yes, I do think you need one. Mine has a few micro-scratches on it already from dust or whatever in my pocket (It's always in there alone).

Edit: After looking at the official Nexus charger, I'm going to pass. I think I might want one of these though.. http://shop.tylt.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=30517A95C99B46F1B9296DD98DAADD49

8. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    Attorney
    Any wireless "Qi" charger. So no, not just any wireless charger, but those built around Qi standard.

As for screen protectors, that's a pretty personal call. There is no glass that will resist all scratches, and there are plenty of things that can scratch even Gorilla Glass 3 out there. You can opt for a different type of screen protector other than Zagg for something that has less of a "tacky" feel to it; Steinheil/Spigen make a popular one that is plastic laminate that has a feel close to glass. Or, alternatively, if you wait some, they even have a screen protector that is actually made of glass, a glass sheet (their Glas.t/Glas.tR line). It is a little bit thicker than plastic but has a purely glass smooth feel.

9. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby VIP Member
    VIP Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    Boston MA USA
    Ghost Armor makes great screen protection. Very strong, great feel, fingerprint resistant, and easy to clean.

10. Gatman

Gatman Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Male
    Bean counter
    Cleveland, OH
  11. ArmageddonX

May 12, 2011
    Male
    Stay at home Dad
    Arizona, USA
    I dont really like the rubbery feel of the Zagg protectors... but Zagg is the 'devil I know' and the other brands are the 'devil I dont know', so to speak. Not really sure what to do.

12. badutahboy

Jan 8, 2010
    Not just cool, but apparently a very good charger. A few days ago I was searching for Qi chargers on the forums and came across a thread from a few months ago where someone VERY knowledgeable about Qi was posting up different chargers, and he strongly recommended this one. I can't remember what subforum it was posted in, but it seemed most of the posters were nexus 4 users.

13. badutahboy

Jan 8, 2010
    Zagg really is the devil. Started by a BYU alumni. I hate supporting them, but they make good stuff. LOL.

I don't know if you have Tricked Out Accessories down your way, but they have a pretty solid house branded screen protector with the same price and warranty terms as Zagg. I can't recall if they're sticky like Zagg's or not though, because my last two phones have gotten a Zagg.

14. tchen811

tchen811 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Just to let you know, Tmobile has that charger and they have a code for 30% off ACCOFFER18

Gatman likes this.
  15. chukka63

chukka63 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Male
    General Builder
    Norfolk
    I love my "koolpad" charger

16. ArmageddonX

May 12, 2011
    Male