Screen Protector? Wireless Charger?Tips

Last Updated: 2013-11-21 18:24:34
  1. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Well-Known Member

In the past I have used Zagg but I find them to be kind of rubbery when I slide my finger across them. Any suggestions? With the Gorilla Glass 3, do I even need one?

Also, can anyone recommend a wireless charger? I dont want to spend over $50 or so.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. tchen811

tchen811 Well-Known Member

Get the Nokia wireless charger from AT&T. On sale now for $24.
  3. ArmageddonX

So any wireless charger works then?
  4. krs128

krs128 Well-Known Member

the official Google Nexus charger is listed on the Play Store as "coming soon" at $49.99. I am personally waiting for that one.

and I don't use Screen protectors, never have never will.
  5. ArmageddonX

Thanks for the info on the charger.

Do you have scratches on your screen or is Gorilla just really that resilient?
  6. krs128

krs128 Well-Known Member

the Nexus wireless charger is now on sale (went on sale like 2 hours I made that post) I just ordered mine.

no scratches so far, before this I had the original HTC incredible, never got a scratch on that phone, and then a Galaxy nexus, that had 2 minor scratches, but also a huge crack because I dropped it so many times.

I personally just hate the feel of a protector, and hate how it looks.
  7. badutahboy

badutahboy Well-Known Member

I bought the Nokia charger from AT&T, and it's a pretty great charger. I might buy the official one as well, since I charge in more than one place. Wireless charging is awesome and fairly quick with the Nokia. I just put my phone on it like 20 min ago and it's already up 11%.

As for a screen protector, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm over Zagg and would like something more plastic feeling. And yes, I do think you need one. Mine has a few micro-scratches on it already from dust or whatever in my pocket (It's always in there alone).

Edit: After looking at the official Nexus charger, I'm going to pass. I think I might want one of these though.. http://shop.tylt.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=30517A95C99B46F1B9296DD98DAADD49
  8. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Well-Known Member

Any wireless "Qi" charger. So no, not just any wireless charger, but those built around Qi standard.

As for screen protectors, that's a pretty personal call. There is no glass that will resist all scratches, and there are plenty of things that can scratch even Gorilla Glass 3 out there. You can opt for a different type of screen protector other than Zagg for something that has less of a "tacky" feel to it; Steinheil/Spigen make a popular one that is plastic laminate that has a feel close to glass. Or, alternatively, if you wait some, they even have a screen protector that is actually made of glass, a glass sheet (their Glas.t/Glas.tR line). It is a little bit thicker than plastic but has a purely glass smooth feel.
  9. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

Ghost Armor makes great screen protection. Very strong, great feel, fingerprint resistant, and easy to clean.
  10. Gatman

Gatman Well-Known Member

11. ArmageddonX

I dont really like the rubbery feel of the Zagg protectors... but Zagg is the 'devil I know' and the other brands are the 'devil I dont know', so to speak. Not really sure what to do.
  12. badutahboy

Not just cool, but apparently a very good charger. A few days ago I was searching for Qi chargers on the forums and came across a thread from a few months ago where someone VERY knowledgeable about Qi was posting up different chargers, and he strongly recommended this one. I can't remember what subforum it was posted in, but it seemed most of the posters were nexus 4 users.
  13. badutahboy

Zagg really is the devil. Started by a BYU alumni. I hate supporting them, but they make good stuff. LOL.

I don't know if you have Tricked Out Accessories down your way, but they have a pretty solid house branded screen protector with the same price and warranty terms as Zagg. I can't recall if they're sticky like Zagg's or not though, because my last two phones have gotten a Zagg.
  14. tchen811

tchen811 Well-Known Member

Just to let you know, Tmobile has that charger and they have a code for 30% off ACCOFFER18
    Gatman likes this.
  15. chukka63

chukka63 Well-Known Member

I love my "koolpad" charger
  16. ArmageddonX

Just ordered a Spigen! I found someone to apply it =D