Screen ProtectorAccessories

Last Updated:

1. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. vexhold

vexhold Well-Known Member

When I got my X at BB yesterday, they offered to sell and install a none-tailor-made zagg shield that they would have had to cut and put on. Since they were discussing "how they were going to do it" I decided against it and went to VZW and got one from them... not happy with the VZW smoke screen...

BB also stated that the custom made Zagg shield were on order and they should have them in 2 weeks. Yey!

3. odiej34

odiej34 Well-Known Member

I bought a pack for my wife at Verizon and had one put on mine that I figured I would peel off later but to my surprise the anti glare from verizon are wonderful! I had a zag on my incredible and could not stand it..

4. trophynuts

way to go BB...order accessories for the phone...after it drops..Yeah i would have declined the hack job on a universal one too. I too got the smoke screens<---which is an excellent term for it, and i'm not happy with them either.

isn't there another brand that does these types of skins besides Zagg?

5. trophynuts

6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I prefer steinheil anti fingerprint, myself.

7. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

I preordered my skin from Zagg the first week of July and there's not shipment date insight. I contacted customer service yesterday who informed me they have no tentative date. If I don't hear anything next week, I'm going to purchase from someone else.

I've owned a few different protectors in the past, but I love Zagg's screens.

8. JubbaTheHutt

Update: Zagg's CS has been absolutely terrible this week. Apparently they are overwhelmed with iPhone 4 screen orders and are extremely low on CSRs. I've called and was on hold for well over 15 minutes each time and gave up. I have emailed them several times about my preorder and haven't heard anything back. I called again this afternoon and received a message that they were closed due to them moving offices.

I finally received an email informing me that their screens for the Droid X are delayed with not tentative date. I plan on canceling my order come Monday and looking for an alternative...this thing is a fingerprint magnet and I need some "protection" :p immediately!

9. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

I've gone through a lot of phones and protectors, I swear by the "clear protector" brand ones.

they are usually 1/2 price on ebay, and the seller is in draper, ut.

10. JubbaTheHutt

Edit: Alright, well Zagg is a mind-****.

Shortly after I posted the previous message about my order being delayed, I received an email saying my order has shipped...o_O

11. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

I bought one today at Best Buy and paid them to install it. They had plenty.

12. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Well-Known Member

i am anit zagg. i guess i used to much spray and got water under my screen..i have one on my ipod touch and love it...been there for 2 yrs and no issues :) i like the static ones off ebay...clairvue also is a good brand...

13. JubbaTheHutt

And how much did they "rob" from you on that one?

14. Piercing Heavens

Piercing Heavens Well-Known Member

15. trophynuts

16. 2horses

Total bill was like $30. It was 7.99 for them to install, and the cover was maybe $22 - $23? Sometimes you have a pay a price for instant gratification and someone else doing the work.

17. trophynuts

yeah i'm definitely not paying 30$ for that. but kudos to you for saying f it and just doing it.

18. 2horses

LOL!! Yep, sometimes you just do.

19. trophynuts

well i needed some immediate retail therapy so i just ordered the one that Steven58 was referring to.

20. Droid4lif333

Droid4lif333 New Member

Stealthguards sell 2 full sets for 14.99. YOU CAN AFFORD TO MESS UP LOL! I heard good things about them too. My dad has one for his iphone and it works great.

[​IMG]
    :):):):):):):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:):):):):):):):eek::eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool::cool:

21. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

anyone know any good privacy screen protectors that they used in the past or heard of for being any good?

22. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

I just watched the video and that's probably between a hard plastic and a polymer that is self-healing like the Zagg or Clear Protector brands. I hate that in-between type.

Really you just need the screen as the rest of the phone has a rubbery texture. Even above and below the screen on the face. Go ahead give your fingernail some love!

23. Sheba611

Sheba611 Well-Known Member

I went to BB today after work and bought the custom Zagg screen protector for my Droid X and had them install it for me. I did not want to mess with wet application for the screen protector. I can never line up the protectors correctly. So far it looks great and if anything ever happens to it I can go back to BB to have it reapplied or replaced.:)

My BB also had the full coverage protectors as well for the Droid X.