Screen Protector?Support

Last Updated: 2012-03-05 13:23:41
  1. shkm

shkm New Member

Just got my Ray and I'm a little uncertain about what to do with the screen protector. The device came with a little plastic sleeve containing a screen protector (with a little cleaning cloth and two tabs to pull on the protector itself for easier application). It also came with a basic screen protector with a tab on the side, which comes with many electronics (that is, the disposable thing you're meant to take off as soon as you open it up).

What's the problem, then? It looks like the Ray already has a screen protector applied (other than the basic thing). Looking around the edges, I can definitely see something there. Question is: is this some sort of permanent thing that cannot be removed? Should I apply the other screen protector as well or wait until this one wears out?

tl;dr: don't want to ruin my screen, does the ray come with a screen protector already applied or should I apply the one in the package?

Edit: Support told me that it's normal to have a pre-applied screen protector in addition to the one in the box. This may only be within the UK, but my question is answered.

Advertisement
  2. andyzot

andyzot New Member

I've recently got my Ray too and know exactly what you're on about.
    There is another thread on here that talks of a 'splitter shield' which is what is applied in the factory.
    Basically, the protector that comes in the box is for when the 'splitter shield' is removed.
    That's how I see it anyway.