• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen Protector

I used a Real Look screen protector for a few days.
It covered the on screen scratches pretty well and didn't hinder the screens brilliance in any way that I saw visible.
The installation took a good 30 minutes of fiddling and cleaning and wipes it was really frustrating as it had to be a perfect fit or else air bubble would ensue. When on the screen there wasn't one speck of dust on the screen and not one bubble it was immaculate.
The only problem with the screen protector was that after just a few days in my pocket with keys and change at times there were already scratches on it. I pealed it off upset in the money I had spent for only a few days and it had already scratched. I am now running the phone completely naked no screen protector or case and there are only minimal scratches on the screen when shown in light.
They aren't visible when the screen comes on.
In all the screen is Corning Gorilla Glass™ but it does the job pretty well just don't try and scratch it and to me it hasn't scratched too badly.

Reactions: mac1679
Upvote 0
I used a Real Look screen protector for a few days.
It covered the on screen scratches pretty well and didn't hinder the screens brilliance in any way that I saw visible.
The installation took a good 30 minutes of fiddling and cleaning and wipes it was really frustrating as it had to be a perfect fit or else air bubble would ensue. When on the screen there wasn't one speck of dust on the screen and not one bubble it was immaculate.
The only problem with the screen protector was that after just a few days in my pocket with keys and change at times there were already scratches on it. I pealed it off upset in the money I had spent for only a few days and it had already scratched. I am now running the phone completely naked no screen protector or case and there are only minimal scratches on the screen when shown in light.
They aren't visible when the screen comes on.
In all the screen is Corning Gorilla Glass

Upvote 0
Generally the only other thing if anything at all that rides in the same pocket is my phone is my wallet. I'm using the protector that came with my otterbox case as well and it's working pretty well. I didn't have the screen perfectly clean when I installed it a I have a few bubbles but nothing to be overly concerned with.

Upvote 0
Definately use InvisiShield (maybe invisible shild) by Zagg. They are amazing! Someone told me they were originally designed for use on helicopter blades. I use it on my phone and tablet, so much better than the cheap ones at Walmart. It uses a liquid to adhere and never scratches, has a lifetime warranty. I can poke it with my fingernail and stuff and the mark goes away! I get mine on eBay, they have them at radioshack, and in the kiosks at some malls, and they are usually $15-$20...totally worth it! You dont ever have to change them, whereas I had to change the cheap ones every few weeks. They should pay me to advertise for them lol.

Upvote 0
Do you really need a screen protector, though? I have a Kindle Fire and my son (who's eight) has an iPod Touch and we haven't had any scratches at all on the glass after a few months. Isn't the glass on the Vivid similar?

I actually went a few days without the screen protector. Then I got paranoid and ran back to AT&T and got the one there. It is great while it lasts, but they really aren't that durable for the price we pay.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones