Screen protectors for the RAZR MAXX HDTips

Last Updated: 2012-12-31 20:41:48
  1. jrdioko

jrdioko Member

I'll be picking up a RAZR MAXX HD soon and was wondering about screen protectors. Does anyone besides Verizon have one specifically for this model yet? If not, how long does it usually take for them to come out for a new phone?

Advertisement
  2. lowboydrvr

lowboydrvr Well-Known Member

I did a quick search on Amazon and they are 3 or 4 listed there.
  3. jrdioko

jrdioko Member

What did you search for? I see plenty for the RAZR MAXX but none for the MAXX HD.
  4. Roll-Tide

Roll-Tide Well-Known Member

Search razr hd
  5. lowboydrvr

lowboydrvr Well-Known Member

6. GS300

GS300 Well-Known Member

I had the rep at the Verizon store put one on when I got it last week. He did an excellent job and it looks and feels great. The 3 pack will last me until Steinheil becomes available. That is all I ever used on my DX and the 2 year old screen looks good as the day I bought it.

GS
  7. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Well-Known Member

Yeah, I prefer the Steinheil Ultra Crystal myself. I thought they should be out by now but I haven't been able to find it.

Anyone else having better luck finding the Ultra Crystal? :smokingsomb:
  8. ALurker

ALurker Well-Known Member

Thats my go to protector as well but there are no protectors shown on their website for the HD or Maxx HD. I emailed them to ask when they would be available but have not heard back yet.
  9. dirkbonn

Be sure to post here when and if you do receive a reply. I'll be watching.

Thanks, :smokingsomb:
  10. ALurker

No reply so far after two business days. I suppose that's bad news so I'm not going to expect anything from Spigen anytime soon. Verizon's protectors aren't worth the cost for me so I picked up a cheap one online.
  11. mikedamageinc

mikedamageinc Member

I got the skinomi and its so-so. It goes on perfectly clear following directions but it is soft and already showing indentions. I'll probably give it another few days to a week and if it gets worse I'll take it off.

I stayed away from the vz store protectors after the ones I got for my X, they were to non-glare which made the picture quality horrible, less sensitive touch screen and just bad feel.
  12. dirkbonn

I sent them an email yesterday so we'll see if they answer. At least they should know there's interest.

I'll keep you posted.
    jrdioko and ALurker like this.
  13. dirkbonn

Just got back from a trip to the mainland and nothing in my email inbox from Spigen.

Nothing! Kinda sad. They could at least say "sorry we have no plans......" but nope!
  14. kmf

kmf Well-Known Member

I went to Best Buy and had the phone guy put a Zaag Invisishield HD screen protector on. I had one on my SGSIII, and loved it.
  15. Marc_G

Marc_G Well-Known Member

How slippery is it? I love the slick feel of naked glass. Has an old style invisishield on my X and never really liked the grabbiness or the fact that it wasn't quite as flat as glass.
  16. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

Not sure what is going on with SGP right now they don't have a Motorola section anymore.
  17. ahaddad

ahaddad Member

The new Zagg screen protector is apparently "HD" now. Its extremely clears and feels almost like the "naked" glass. I used to have it on my X as well and I know what you mean about the heaviness. Its now completely different. I does however attract fingerprints.
  18. ahaddad

ahaddad Member

Edit: My HD auto corrected Grabbiness to heaviness haha.
  19. FussBoss

FussBoss Well-Known Member

I just got the HD zagg put on at my best buy - glad they had a package deal when you got 2 protectors... geesh. It is still drying but looks amazing and does not have that orange peel look the old ones had.
    syntrix likes this.
  20. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

21. ahaddad

ahaddad Member

I got mine from best buy as well. Went on easier than my X, and looks like it dried/ applied faster as well.
    syntrix likes this.
  22. FussBoss

FussBoss Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

23. dirkbonn

Just sent them an inquirery through the "contact us" section on their website. I asked if they were going to make any screen protectors for any Motorola products, specificly a Ultra Crystall screen protectors. Now just wait and see if they reply.

I remain, patiently waiting for the release of my next phone in the Summer of 2014. :smokingsomb:
  24. ALurker

I contacted them twice in the last 2 weeks asking the same thing and I haven't received anything in reply.
  25. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

I sent in a massage a week ago and have heard nothing back. Seems as if they don't want to answer the question of what happened with moto?