screen protectors - good or bad thing

Last Updated:

1. RYDER

RYDER Active Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure if I should get a screen protector or not. If I remove it after a while will it damage the screen and lose its super smooth feel?

Advertisement
  2. computerboyo

computerboyo Well-Known Member

Well if you have got your phone on contract for 18 months, you don't want it covered in fingerprints and scratches do you.

3. Merago

Merago Well-Known Member

I've got one. Bloody fiddly to get on without getting fingerprints or dust on the sticky side I found. But I'm a clumsy sort. :)

4. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

I use the HTC ones. They are. Non sticky

5. ScumPuppy

ScumPuppy Well-Known Member

I dont.. I used to have them on my N97 and they were great, they increased the contrast and brightness and made it look better..

But the Hero has a specially made screen which kind of self cleans, if you notice after a few minutes all your fingermarks are gone.. you will loose this with a screen protector.. its anti scratch too so you shouldnt need one unless your daft and have it in the same pocket as your keys!!!

personally I wouldnt use screen protectors, depends how carefull you wanna be, I have third party incsurance too so if in 12 months Ive scratched my screen I'll just soak it in the batch and pay

6. computerboyo

computerboyo Well-Known Member

7. System0

System0 Well-Known Member

I got two free with a silicone case last month. The first one ended up with bubbles everywhere...tried everything to get it out (credit cards and whatnot) but there's only so much you can do, after a while the thing is knackered (I'm sceptical about these things being reusable/washable..it never works!!).

Still have one left to use so might give it another try

8. BandedHawk

BandedHawk Member

I bought one from pinkstatic - it worked well, and was applied with slightly soapy water. It wasn't a big deal to apply and worked very well - with a slightly rubbery feel when using the finger to trace around. However, I got a rubber case for the phone, and the lip of the case started pushing off the screen protector so in the end I had to take the screen protector off. That was easy too.

9. JJHamster

JJHamster Member

No problems with original HTC protectors. Needed a steady hand to put it on but now most people don't even realise it's there.

10. SamIam

SamIam Active Member

Is the screen just as sensitive to your touch as before? (to all that use a screen protector)

11. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

Yes.they are such a good fit only you know they are there. And just as sensitive to the touch.

12. BandedHawk

BandedHawk Member

There wasn't any noticeable change in sensitivity when using the screen protector.

13. chaz_uk

chaz_uk Well-Known Member

I got the official HTC screen protectors too and they are great.

I have my phone in a case/pouch all the time but just for that little extra protection I got the protectors.

I had a 1st gen iPod touch and listened to everyone saying that the screen wont get scratched but eventually there were two hairline scratches on the screen. I couldn't see them most of the time but if the light hit the screen at a certain angle they were there and visible.

Since then everything I've had has had screen protectors! :eek:

14. prepbgg

prepbgg Well-Known Member

Does anyone know the answer to the original question? Might removing the protector damage the screen? How easy is it to remove?

15. BandedHawk

BandedHawk Member

When I removed my screen protector, there were no problems with the screen nor was there any damage to the screen. The removal procedure is the same as removing the original packing protectors - you just need to be able to roll back a corner slightly and then lift from there.

16. hoppy1986

hoppy1986 Well-Known Member

i got some screen protectors of ebay 10 for