Screen protectors - last how long?Accessories

1. phatbass

phatbass Well-Known Member

Just out of idle curiosity, and I realise this is a bit "how long is a piece of string", but what sort of life-span can I expect from an average screen protector?

Do they deteriorate, or is it a case of replace 'em when they're scratched/damaged?

Advertisement
  2. sonesh

sonesh Well-Known Member

I've never seen them deteriorate, but things that do happen are:

1) If its been applied badly and there are bubbles on the edge, dust gets under them, and this edge starts coming off (as the bubble gets bigger)
    2) If they are cheap quality, they scratch. My last cheap one got so scratched in 3 weeks, I replaced it for an expensive one. 2 month with it and its still scratch free

On my other phones, they have generally lasted the full 18 months I've had the phone
  3. Sereniity

Sereniity Well-Known Member

I've had mine on 2 months, no bubbles whatsoever yet its scratched to smithereens , I can't see one part of it that hasn't got a scratch.

However saying this it doesn't really bother me cause I know it's not the screen getting scratched.
  4. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

mine usually between 8-10 weeks i would say. (that's with cheap ones too)
  5. makfi78

makfi78 Active Member

I've got mine for last 14 months.
    It's htc original screen protector.
    I work outside all year,in dust,mud,sand,rain,snow etc. and only one minor scratch.
    One big diference between cheap one and this one is when you apply it on the screen,the original is much more 'patient' when you make a mistake and have to take it off and put back again. The cheap one is almost unusable after you take it off.
  6. los panda

los panda Well-Known Member

what brands and prices are we talking about here?
  7. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

I'm not sure what brands others have been discussing... I have used a screen protector before but, to be honest, ended up just removing it... couldn't even tell you what brand it was... never spend that much on them myself!
  8. los panda

los panda Well-Known Member

i'm impressed w the 3m screen protector demos and reviews i've seen
  9. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

I was looking at the SGP Spiegen Ultra Clear...
    Reviews for other devices seem good
  10. BrutalUK

BrutalUK Well-Known Member

Best I've found so far seems to be Phonedevil magic screen.
  11. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

El Presidente told me about them to...

Can you tell the difference between it with and without? Can you feel it?
  12. BrutalUK

BrutalUK Well-Known Member

If you're talking about the phonedevil then if it's applied correctly with no air bubbles etc then it feels and looks like there isn't one on there. I've had a few friends mention about it in how they think I'm mad by not using a screen protector when I tell them there is one on my phone.
    Mehta23 likes this.
  13. Securityman

Securityman New Member

I use cheap one,s and never get them fitted right with out any little bubbles or the side lifts a little.
    Then the dust gets into the sides and they start lifting and look naff.
    I must get about 4-6 months out of one before its looks to bad and i change it.
    @10 for a quid from the bay or what ever peanuts they cost, they are throw away really.
    I dont have any problems with scratches or anything, just dust/fluff from my pocket.
    Just my 2p worth.