• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen protectors: Which one to get?

Haloman800

Aug 8, 2010
Currently I've just left the little plastic clear sticker that was on the Droid when I got it.

I see quite a few of the same "x5 Droid Screen Protectors" for like 2 bucks or so, but do they really protect?

On the other hand.. I don't want to spend $10 for a screen protector.

Thanks.

Please name the one you've used and link me on where to get.

I have had my Droid since mid December of last year, and it has never had a screen protector on it. It goes in and out of my pockets all day long and still has yet to receive any kind of scratches whatsoever. Even the unprotected outer casing looks just as good as it did when I bought it.

These screens don't need a protector.. save your money. IMO, anything that would actually damage the screen would still do so even with a protector on it.

Upvote 0
I have had my Droid since mid December of last year, and it has never had a screen protector on it. It goes in and out of my pockets all day long and still has yet to receive any kind of scratches whatsoever. Even the unprotected outer casing looks just as good as it did when I bought it.

These screens don't need a protector.. save your money. IMO, anything that would actually damage the screen would still do so even with a protector on it.

The Droid and the IPhone both have Gorilla Glass. The is a good demonstration of this on line somwhere. If you Google Droid/Gorilla glass you should find it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones