Screen protectors: Which one to get?

Last Updated:

1. Haloman800

Haloman800 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Currently I've just left the little plastic clear sticker that was on the Droid when I got it.

I see quite a few of the same "x5 Droid Screen Protectors" for like 2 bucks or so, but do they really protect?

On the other hand.. I don't want to spend $10 for a screen protector.

Thanks.

Please name the one you've used and link me on where to get.

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

3. patrauch

patrauch Member

I bought the Skinomi. It did cost $9.99, but there is lifetime replacement. So we'll see. So far, it is superior to the Droid screen protector. And very easy to install.

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

FWIW - I use the Shell and holster combo to protect the outsides of the DROID, but my screen has been naked since about week 2 of owning the DROID.

Not a scratch on it....

Then again, it also doesn't go into my pocket very much, and thus has almost no chance of getting sand particles rubbing on the screen....

5. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

I had a zagg on mine when I got it. It's currently running naked. I've got the clip in holster that it usually lives in during the week, but on the weekends I just throw it in my shorts cargo pockets. No scratches, and I've found the screen stays cleaner in the pockets. :rolleyes:

6. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

I have had my Droid since mid December of last year, and it has never had a screen protector on it. It goes in and out of my pockets all day long and still has yet to receive any kind of scratches whatsoever. Even the unprotected outer casing looks just as good as it did when I bought it.

These screens don't need a protector.. save your money. IMO, anything that would actually damage the screen would still do so even with a protector on it.

7. case1212

case1212 Active Member

The Droid and the IPhone both have Gorilla Glass. The is a good demonstration of this on line somwhere. If you Google Droid/Gorilla glass you should find it.

8. scooby888

scooby888 Member

I have two scratches in my screen from my keys rubbing against it in my pocket. Not cheaping out on the protectors anymore!

9. roadrunr

roadrunr Member

So far I like Naked and nasty.

:D