Screen Protectors?

Last Updated:

1. iPhoneMilk

iPhoneMilk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I wonder if the Verizon Store will sell them on friday? :D

Advertisement
  2. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

The rep yesterday told me that they have them.

3. SlaveUnit

SlaveUnit Well-Known Member

I cant see why they wouldnt take opportunity to make more money. So Im sure they will have them.

4. usawrestling

usawrestling Active Member

5. JackT

JackT Well-Known Member

I think you will see screen protectors available at the store. The online Verizon store has some listed for the Droid already, but you can't add it to your cart yet.

The other thing about screen protectors is they are personal preference. I wouldn't recommend ZAGG for a touchscreen device. I have used them in the past on a number of devices, but I dislike them when it comes to touchscreens. I find them to have a tacky feel that I don't like when using my finger for things like dragging, etc. I prefer hard screen protectors like Boxwave. Once again, purely personal preference.

6. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

My local store has privacy protectors and regular screen protectors in stock for the Droid, as well as multimedia docks, car mount, extra batteries...it varies by store, but if they have them in they are allowed to sell them now.

7. brandonhd

brandonhd Member

Is a screen protector necessary sense the screen is glass?

8. neumannator

neumannator Well-Known Member

+1 i want to know the same thing? :confused:

9. gthrift

gthrift Guest

I've scratched my iPod Touch's glass screen. It's not easy to do but it will happen.

10. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Depends...if you're me, absolutely. I drop, kick, step on, drag, and whack my phones constantly. Sadly (for me) I'm also the type that when there is a scratch on a screen it's all I can see.

I have a friend w/a Storm (glass screen also) and he managed to scratch it within a month of buying it (drop/slide on some gravel or something).

11. blue*lable

blue*lable Member

When i open a new contract i also pick the 5 dollars insurance for the phone. I also planning to buy the screen protector or probably the devise protector as well. I saw some body protector for the T Mobile g1 and did like how they look on the phone. both phone have sliding keyboard might double think if it will be useful or stress f:mad:ull to be used on a daily used.

12. iPhoneMilk

Trust me on this one guys, i've been an iPhone owner for 3 versions now, and even though the iPhones glass screen , amazing that it can be.. you STILL need to put a screen protector on it. Period.

With touch screen phones like this, it's very very important that you're #1 first thing you do with it is put a protector on it

=D

13. bigmahlman

bigmahlman Member

how easy will the zagg invisable shields go on. a always got bubbles in the the Verizon brand screens for my voyager.

14. iPhoneMilk

I don't recommand Zagg for the screen at all. for the body yes, but for the screen no.

As far as preventing bubbles is concerned, it's an acquired skill...

being that i've had 3 iPhones, i've become quite "Pro" at putting on screen protectors. it's kind of an art...

Make sure the whole area is clean, no dust, do it on a flat table with plenty of light.

Blow everything off with a dust can.

make sure that the surface of the phone (screen) is 100% smudge and lint free.

then apply slowly.

do NOT touch the underneath side of the screen protector....

15. knickerbocker

knickerbocker Well-Known Member

If you use a body protector, will it work with the dock?

16. Kazakaz

Kazakaz Well-Known Member

I ordered the car dock and screen protectors from Verizon's site yesterday, and I just got an email confirmation that they were delivered. So I don't see why they wouldn't have them in the store Friday, unless they sell out.

17. judgeholden999

judgeholden999 Member

18. Kazakaz

bdecker202 posted this link on HoFo yesterday that took you to the accessories page with the Droid set as the phone model. They only listed a few accessories. I filtered out everything but Motorola brand accessories and was able to add the car dock and screen protectors to my cart. I never found the multimedia dock. Placed the order yesterday around 3pm, and they were delivered around 11am this morning. The link isn't working for me anymore, so they might have taken it down.

19. bluenik25

bluenik25 Well-Known Member

Ebay had some 3M front and back protectors the other day.

I will be getting a Zagg protector when they come out but will be using the screen protectors from Verizon. The Zagg screen protector is a PITA on a touch screen device because it is sort of sticky.

FYI No matter what Zagg says their protectors do where out, Yellow, and collect dust/pocket lint. This is not covered under their life time warranty. They only replace if you have dropped your phone and it scuffs up the sticker.

20. Kazakaz

I've used the Verizon branded screen protectors on a Dare before. They're like a firm sheet of plastic. Worked really well on the Dare, and were easy to put on. I've used Best Skins Ever screen protectors , which are like the Zagg, and agree that the tackiness of the film isn't the best on the touch screen.

I used the Power Support Anti-Glare screen protectors on my iPhone, and really loved it. I think those are the best for a touch screen.

21. th1ck

th1ck New Member

we just went to our local mall(greatlakes crossing, MI) and bought bodyguardz at a stand in the middle.. and had them put on 2 phones for 58 bucks took about an hour .. hope all goes well.. letting set over night to dry they already look awesome..