Screen Protectors?Tips

Last Updated:

1. akita

akita Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I dont see any threads in this Ally forum advocating any particular screen protectors, so what do you guys have? The only one that I saw that had somewhat decent reviews were the Skinomi off Amazon. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. savoxis

savoxis Well-Known Member Developer

I have gone thru a few. The ones that cost $5+ seem to be just as good as the ones for a dollar or less on ebay

3. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member

yep got a rubberized case and screen protector for $3 bucks off of ebay

4. Outlaw.99

Outlaw.99 Well-Known Member

On both my Droid and Ally, I use the Verizon screen saver and holster case for both... You can find same items ebay usually for around 12-25 or you can just order from Verizon and charge to account...

I have tried quite a few from ebay, but the Verizon Ally and Droid ones go on perfect every time...The case is the one that has the seperate holster and it slides in... I have dropped phones a few times and the case has held on...It also doesnt make the phone huge like some cases do...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. akita

thanks for the replies. So other than buying what Verizon is selling, the Ebay ones dont have a name brand?

6. savoxis

There are quite a few on ebay, including the one verizon sells. Just saying from my experience they all seem to be of similar quality.

Some of the guys at work have bodyglove cases for they're devices, (no allys but other smartphones) the BG case seems to be pretty high quality but costs allot more.

I saw a bg case on ebay the other day with a stand like the evo4g :)

7. akita

Yeah the body glove case isn't an option for 2 reasons. We both had them for our previous phones, while they did protect them from rugged wear & tear, its way too bulky and the rubber starts to peel and rub off after a year of moderate usage.

I'll take a look on ebay for these screen protectors

8. marktobes

marktobes Member

I decided to grab one of the invisibleshields by zagg from best buy right off the bat. I know I paid a premium for it (later found them for about 1/2 the price when I got home and searched the internet) but wanted the shield on asap to eliminate any dust,dirt,grease,scratches. That being said, compared to a cheaper shield I have on my ipod touch this brand is amazing. The shield is thicker and has a somewhat rubbery texture but doesn't interfere with the touch screen at all. Definitely will protect the screen very well, and if you register it online it has a lifetime warranty. Not usually one to spend so much on an accessory but I'd rather my $600 phone (if I had to replace it unsubsidized) look nice for the 2 years I'll have it.

9. savoxis

Lifetime warranty on a screen guard? Thats worth looking into