Screen protectorsAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Dazza

Dazza Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi.
    How much do screen protectors effect the use of the touch screen on the Desire. I've just received by screen protector from Best Skins Ever (exactly the same material as Invisible Shield but cost a lot less) and just wondered if they have a serious effect on the sensitivity of the screen.

Advertisement
  2. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

I use a Martin Fields one and have no issues with the screen

3. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

I've had my Desire for over 4 months and carry it with me all the time and use it quite a lot. Never had a screen protector! The screen on the Desire is nothing like the smaller screens on all my previous mobile phones. No scratches at all and easy to clean. Finding it hard to think of a reason to recommend a screen protector to be honest, I just make sure I keep my phone clear of keys, coins and metal objects when carrying it around or in my pocket.

4. AceMathias

AceMathias Well-Known Member

I also use a Martin Fields one and have no problems with screen sensitivity, it is excellent in this area.
    My niggle is that it doesn't quite fit the screen perfectly (there is about 1mm gap round the edge) and that mine scratched on the first day (not badly though). Got a free replacement though which was nice.

5. MikeC1408

MikeC1408 Well-Known Member

Used a Best Skins protector on my old iPhone and didn't have any effect on using the screen.

6. Dazza

Dazza Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Brilliant. That's just what i needed to hear :)

7. moe3754

moe3754 Well-Known Member

I have had a screen protector on my desire since I purchased it, I find no need to use the overpriced protectors but purchased a anti glare from Amazon for I believe it was ten dollars for three of them. It is just like nothing is on the screen, cannot see it and does not cause any problems with the touch screen at all!!! No need to pay for high priced protectors, you pay for a name!!!

8. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Anti glare probably only reason to get.one. does it work?

AungKyawHtoo likes this.
  9. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

I get the Martin Fields protectors as had them on my last few phones and never found anything that matches them.

They are quoted as improving the display and while I cannot say it does that I have compared with it both on and off and its identical. Plus I think they feel nicer than any other that I've tried.

The clincher for me is that they include a little protector for the camera lens which means with the flexishield case I have on it I really don't have to think about what I do with my phone.

so +1 for Martin Fields from me :D

10. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

Exactly, tried the HTC ones and they're just gash but have no issues with my MF one - got a spare too incase anything should happen to the original

11. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Well-Known Member

I bought 6 for

12. garryknight

garryknight Well-Known Member

While the screen isn't unbreakable, it's worth searching YouTube for "Desire scratch test". Might save you a few local currency units.

13. SUroot

Yeah it is glass after all. had mine since beginning of May and my screens fine. Phone just goes in the pocket.

14. moe3754

moe3754 Well-Known Member

Works for me just fine in direct sunlight.

15. OFI

OFI Well-Known Member

Interesting. Wasn't one of the FOLEX ones by any chance? I bought the plain one and it has been great.

16. Juint

Juint Active Member

I would get a screen protector. I also thought that the screen being glass would mean it was scratch resistant, however one morning I noticed a scratch on my beautiful phone :(.

Play it safe, get a screen protector.

17. ArthurIhde

ArthurIhde Well-Known Member

works well for me too [​IMG]

18. SUroot

Ok £20 down. Martin fields - fail

Casemate fitted at cpw - fail.

But its a 2 pack - fail

Is fitting a screen protector actually possible?

19. rowlers

rowlers Well-Known Member

LOL, I fitted one (just a cheapy off the bay) the day I bought it and it fitted perfectly. It was a bit marked though so took it off today and just tried to fit 2 new ones. No bubbles as such just tiny bits of sh|t find their way under causing little speckles - AAGGHHH.

20. SUroot

Yeah thats something I am finding too.

The casemate were such a perfect fit, that if it wasn't aligned 100% perfectly, it rides up on the outer casing, causing an entire edge of air bubbles.

I'm going to have to find someone who actually fits them. CPW told me they don't but will on this occasion.

21. trichie

trichie Member

I had one installed at the local shopping mall. The guy put it on with soapy water and it is awesome. The only thing is it is soft and your finger kind of sticks to it when you try to slide. You can take it off when ever you want and re-apply it. Not sure what the brand was but I ordered one online from DealDay that I think is the same type for $7.95.

22. SUroot

I've had 2 fitted in shops since and another go myself. All crappy. I've heard of the waater application ones but haven't seen any in the shops I've looked in.

23. heat57

heat57 Well-Known Member

Have used ZAGG Invisible Shield (full body) on iPhone and now Desire. Hard to fit but incredibly durable and no issues with touchscreen.

24. winningdays

winningdays New Member

had one fitted from a guy sellling accessories in the street, perfect fit. Don't think the screen is as responsive, but I'm talking fractions, nothing to cry over.

25. firedesire

firedesire Well-Known Member

Zagg on my phone sine May 2010, never a problem with responsiveness and has definately saved the screen from a couple of near misses even though I'm very careful....