Screen protectors

Last Updated:

1. Elpelco

Elpelco Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering if anyone has a screen protector on their Hero, and is it worth it? I'm getting tired of fingerprints.Also, how easy are they to apply, and do they affect glare on the screen?

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Try Proporta.com

I'm using one to stop scratches, and my greasy fingers.

3. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

I use the official HTC screen protectors.

4. skyband123

skyband123 Member

same here. I bought a pack of 2 last year. I've been using the same one for over 5 months now and haven't had any problems with it. They're easy to apply as well.

5. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

I'm also using the official HTC screen protector on mine. BUT....if your only annoyance is fingerprints, my advice would be not to bother. The Hero screen is coated in something (I forget the name now) that helps prevent fingerprints. It works a lot better than the HTC screen protector, which doesn't have this coating. If it weren't for the protection from scratches, I'd remove the screen protector immediately.

They are dead easy to apply. Just make sure you are patient and do it in as dust free environment as possible. Make sure you wash your hands with something like washing up liquid or mild detergent. This will remove the oil from your fingers to help stop you putting fingerprints on the sticky side - try not to touch that if you can. Don't use a credit card (as many screen protectors seem to recommend) to smooth it down when you apply it as it will scratch the surface. Best is a lint free or microfibre cloth.

Not that I'm picky about how to fit a protector or anything, but even tiny dust particles under it are really noticeable and drive me mad if I have one, hence the ott precautions! :)

6. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

Dont use screen protectors. Steve Jobs says theyre evil, so they must be evil.

7. bluemark

bluemark Active Member

I found that having a piece of Scotch tape handy is good for cleaning stray pieces of dust\lint while you're working. It will even lift a fingerprint off.

8. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

But Steve Jobs is evil, so if he say's they're evil, they must be good.

9. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

The iphone is the work of the devil ;)

10. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

It certainly is! :D

11. ih77

ih77 Member

+1 for this. I got a pack of two and am still using my first one after four months. Makes no difference to usability.

12. Champmoney

Champmoney Active Member

I currently am using the mirror screen protector. I suggest not to buy these cause there is too much glare. I just ordered some regular screen protectors and should cut down big time on the glare. The anti-glare ones are just not smooth. Thats why they are anti-glare.

So i guess it's all on preference. Enjoy