screen protectorsTips

Last Updated: 2013-01-03 07:48:46
  1. traajik

traajik Well-Known Member

just an fyi to everyone buying those over priced things, spend the extra 2 dollars and buy the privacy version, it's way way way better quality, thicker and it feels good on the fingers, not to mention the whole "privacy" benefits as well ;D

p.s i thought i'd never solve the issue of my fingers leaving smudges, leaving the screen incredibly fugly to look at and gross. i'm so happy i was wrong. that little issue caused me to always be very OCD about wiping it off, and to not use it with my finger tips in general. so so so so so happy. it's like one mans penny is another mans fortune ;)

Advertisement
  2. Johnny Crapple

Johnny Crapple Well-Known Member

Got a link broseph?

Sent from my typewriter.
  3. traajik

no man sorry, just got mine from the metro store up the road

the box says "yeda" super screen protector

says privacy on the bottom left

and also on the bottom right there should be a sticker that says "for lg ms770 (privacy)"

lol on the back it says anti-scratch, anti-dust, anti-fingerprint, extra durable, easy install, easy peel off, no residue left.

edit ; i just tried to find a link for you some where online for it but to no avail. i'm sure they'd have em at all metro stores though.
  4. unnamedny

unnamedny Well-Known Member

how much was it?
  5. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

I think Zagg is the best screen protectors :) and you have a lifetime warranty :D
  6. MyUsernameRox

MyUsernameRox Well-Known Member

The screen protector I have is the one that came with the gel case I bought. It does very little in the way of protecting against scratches but the benefit is not having to deal with fingerprints, smudging, etc unlike the last screen protector I had-which ironically was amazing at protecting against scratches.
  7. traajik

10 bucks.

still over priced for a peice of plastic, but i think the regular one is still 8 dollars anyway, when buying from a retail metro store.

this ones not like the other stock ones either, as in you can take it off if you want cause maybe there is a little particle or hair underneath and you want it perfect, well with this one you can take it off and wipe it down with out worrying about making it 10x worse

there is an extremely slight holographic look to it because of the "privacy" effects of the material, basically it allows only who's ever looking directly at it to actually see the screen/lights and all, even if it's just on a tilt it's all just blacked out, cant even see a sliver of light with the brightness all the way up.

and i guess other privacy versions from different makers only work in one directon like horizontally, this one does both vertical and horizontal
  8. morgankslade

morgankslade Well-Known Member

9. Nash Enders

Nash Enders Well-Known Member

10. MyUsernameRox

MyUsernameRox Well-Known Member

Does it have holes cut out for the front camera and sensor?
  11. Nash Enders

Nash Enders Well-Known Member

No. I like it better that way anyway. The proximity sensor and front camera still work fine without the holes cut out.
  12. xNeurosiis

xNeurosiis Member

13. benalmighty

benalmighty Well-Known Member

Lol, im just going to use the "screen protector" that came on the phone. I could never place those things on right. so ill just leave this one on. I got a case though, a $5 generic otterbox from amazon, fits great. :D
    Joe Mobley likes this.
  14. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder Well-Known Member

I'm on the mailing list for the Zagg, as soon as it's available I'll be ordering one. Currently I have a universal Zagg that I cut to fit, unfortunately it came out with some imperfections so I want to replace it with the custom-fit one. I've been very happy with the Zagg protectors on my other phones.
    The film that comes on the phone from the factory isn't intended as a full-out screen protector but it will do the job for a while until it gets scratched. I did leave mine on for a week or two but got annoyed with the smudges and fingerprints so I put the Zagg on.
  15. enigmadroid

enigmadroid Well-Known Member

LOL! I still have mine on too! Ynot? By the time it falls off or whatever, the one I ordered from Amazon will be here. :D
  16. benalmighty

benalmighty Well-Known Member

I actually cut the little tab off, so (e.g.) if i pull it out of my pocket, the protector wont peel off, also the case overlaps the edges a bit. haha. I'll buy some though, if this one comes off.
  17. Mega Optimus

Mega Optimus Well-Known Member

I still have the original screen protector that came with the phone, doesn't this phone come with Gorilla Glass anyways?
  18. unnamedny

unnamedny Well-Known Member

gorilla glass is just a good marketing myth. Its still could be scratched. its a little more resistant to shatter and scratches, but its still a fiber glass.
  19. KA24DERACER

KA24DERACER Well-Known Member

Its not fiber glass, its polycarbonate. Which is INDEED much tougher and more resistant to scratches than glass or other plastics (which is why most safety glasses are made of the same material, and their even starting to make prescription glasses out of it, the scratch, glare, water, grease and fingerprint proof ones)