• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help screen randomly lights up

The phone has like 70 processes running all the time. If one of them does something to get it's attention, the screen will wake up. One of the times it happens to me is when using adb and typing "su". Even though nothing on the screen moves around or changes and I haven't touched the screen or any other part of the phone, it does light up.

You may have some program running in the background sending/receiving data from the internet. Or you could have one that periodically runs something with su.

Upvote 0
Mine does the same sometimes. I've woke up in middle of night and backlight will on
captain.gif

It's "Big Brother" watching you! First they light up the phone, then they use the camera to see if it can see anything, then they turn on the mic and listen. Be afraid - be very afraid... :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones