Screen RedrawsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. WalkaboutDavid

WalkaboutDavid Well-Known Member

I get a fair number of them on my phone. Usually, I am exiting something pretty memory intensive, I admit. The redraws are also really fast, so it is not having a major impact on my experience.

What is interesting is that I NEVER get redraws on my Nexus 7, which is a less powerful and has less ram. I can't remember, in fact, every getting a redraw on my N7. I also don't get redraws on my ZTE tablet, which has a single core processor and 1 GB of RAM.

This may be a manifestation of the lag issues some of you are complaining about. But, I don't have any problems scrolling, opening apps, etc. Every thing is lightening quick otherwise, and smooth.

Oh, and for clarity sake, I do not use Touchwhiz. I am currently using the paid version of Apex, and I have all of the Samsung features and Verizon bloat either turned off or disabled. I have also used NOVA Pro on the S4, with similar results. In comparison, I am mostly running NOVA on my N7 and Go Launcher on my ZTE tablet (which is still on Gingerbread).

Would be interested to hear if anybody has had similar experiences.