screen resolutionSupport

Last Updated:

1. DroidRX

DroidRX Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok I'm a little confused, I just got my incredible and the screen resolution seems poor. I just compared it to my droid and the droid looks super crisp whereas the incredible looks more like my old storm 1.

??

Advertisement
  2. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

I haven't had the chance to get this under a scope at work yet to prove it out on the Incredible, but the AMOLED screens that HTC acquired from Samsung seemt to use a Pentile Matrix set up where the pixel arrangement is different resulting in smaller green pixels and staggering of red and blue. It was confirmed on the Nexus One, and I believe on the Desire too. Google it for a better view and explanation. Green for OLED is apparently problematic which is part of the reason for the method of display. The idea is that your eye sees the color blending pretty close to the same as a true subpixel arrangement, but many say they notice that text is softer on the AMOLED screens compared with LCD. It has to do with the fact that the effective resolution is somewhat lower and the image is being interpolated by the display driver.

3. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

The Droid has a slightly higher resolution.

The Inc's should be prettier overall, but the Droid's will be a little crisper.

4. Mjcanton

Mjcanton Well-Known Member

Incredible: 480x800 Droid: 480 x 856 i think

5. DroidRX

DroidRX Active Member This Topic's Starter

ah, that makes sense. Thanks for explaining guys. At first I guess I was a little shell shocked but now I'm totally fine with the screen.

I freakin love this phone

6. MattBee

MattBee Well-Known Member

Not Much Difference To The Naked Eye!