Screen resonsivenessSupport

Last Updated:

1. somnambulus

somnambulus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

You may have seen a similar problem with the HTC incredible. Just google:"HTC Incredible - Unresponsive Screen Test"

Anyways, I have the a similar problem with all 4 Evos that I have. It's not quite as bad, but the most consistent problem is that I can not pull down the notification bar if I am not holding the phones in my hands. Anybody else have this issue?

Advertisement
  2. Liz0311

Liz0311 Active Member

I was just going to post asking about this...ran across it on another Inc forum. I am hoping this is not the case for all phones, as I am still awaiting mine & this would be quite a letdown... :(

3. lopezpm

lopezpm Well-Known Member

4. lopezpm

Ok, It just started happening. It happens when I have it on the arm of my couch. I can't seem to get the notification bar to pull down. If i put another finger on the phone it works fine. Very strange.

5. teky

teky Well-Known Member

Try starting your swipe at the 'htc' logo above the notification icon. As long as the swipe has consistent pressure, I have no problems at all. I think it's tricky because the notification area is small.

6. lopezpm

Its definitely not the way I'm swiping. I've tried everyway I can swipe and it refuses to do it. I had the hero before the evo and never had a problem swiping. If I hold it in my hand it works right. If I put another finger anywhere on the phone it works. As soon as I put it down and only touch the screen the notification bar can't be pulled down. Everything else on the phone works right just not the notification bar. Its not a huge deal as long as it doesn't get worse.

7. teky

teky Well-Known Member

Hrmmm...well, it is a capacitive screen. Sounds like a defective phone. I definitely don't have that problem.

8. OmegaSMP

OmegaSMP Active Member

I just noticed this problem too! When the phone is level and sitting on a desk or something, I can't pull down the notification bar, nor do any apps in the two upper left corner squares recognize touch input. It's like that region of the screen just goes dead. I have to physically pick the phone up before anything registers.

Is this a widespread issue?

9. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

same thing here. that part of the screen is unresponsive to touch when it is laying on a flat surface. when i hold it in my hand it works even when it is flat.

10. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

Yes I noticed this too. It is common problem with touch screens.

11. lopezpm

I've had a lot of touch screens and have never encountered this issue.
    (Hero, Pre, Pixi, Tilt 2, Tilt, iPhone, 8125) I'm sure there are a couple I'm missing but never had that issue with any of those.

12. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

13. OmegaSMP

OmegaSMP Active Member

I'm probably going to take mine back. I could deal with the notification bar not accepting input, but losing input on the top row of the usable screen kind of bothers me.

14. zaltol

zaltol Well-Known Member

I can't pull it down when laying flat with just one finger. The secon I put another finger anywhere on the phone (even top or bottom sides) it pulls down with no issue.

15. tagta3

tagta3 Well-Known Member

Yes because the screen is capacitive touch and the capacitance does not change enough when the phone isn't touching you besides your finger so you're basically providing a better capacitance potential by holding the phone. The phone is not defective, it's just the way it was designed.

16. OmegaSMP

OmegaSMP Active Member

Uh, I'm sorry, but that's not the way it was designed. First, anywhere on the screen works just fine with one finger - except the top left corner. Second, I have several capacitive devices and none of them do anything like this, so it's not an insurmountable limitation.

17. denise1768

denise1768 Well-Known Member

Mine is like that to, but i don't see it being a problem. The phone is always in my hand when i'm using it. :)