Screen rotation delay with CM on MT

Last Updated:

1. wtang

wtang New Member

I have a rooted MyTouch running CM and the screen rotation delay is starting to get to me. It takes 2, maybe 3, seconds for the screen to auto-rotate when I flip the phone from portrait to landscape and vise versa. I've watched a few YouTube videos of screen rotations on the G1 and MyTouch and my phone is definitely much slower (but I don't think those phones were rooted). I think the "go dark and fuzzy" screen animation that precedes the screen rotation might be slowing things down. Anyway to disable that useless effect? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

go into settings ... sound and display and uncheck orientation
  3. wtang

wtang New Member

Uh... that just turns off the screen rotation completely. If I do that I won't be able to flip my phone to landscape mode at all. That's not what I want. I just want the screen rotation to be quicker... quicker than 3 seconds and without the "screen turns dark and fuzzy" special effect. Any ideas?
  4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Well you will have to wait for an OS system change ....
  5. kinkade

kinkade New Member

i have a dream with the same problem running 4.2.12 its really annoying. ive also watched you tube vids and seen how quick others phone rotate, mine also goes grey first and i think this is the root of the problem. i have played with spare parts etc but cant seem to fix it
  6. stshhh

stshhh New Member

I have the same problem in my Samsung Galaxy S2 ...