• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen Rotation (Gyroscope and Accelerometer) not working

Frangos

Lurker
Nov 2, 2014
Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 and recently my screen rotation has stopped working. I realized after my SHealth stopped counting my steps.
After i restart the phone the sensors work and the screen rotates normally but after some time the phone sensors get stuck and the screen rotation as well as the gyroscope and accelerometer don't work.
I tried to enter *#0*# and while the sensors dont work, if i try to test the gyroscope it fails for a few times and after a few tries it might come back to be working for some time.

Could anyone help me with this please?
The phone is not rooted and it running on 4.4.2.

Thank you in advance.

i am running original software. i tried today the factory reset but i restored my apps back and still the same.. it works for a bit after each restart and then it stops. could it be one of the apps? any clues on how to find if it comes from the apps?

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones